PPP AND US-ROBOTICS X2

Post by Josef h? » Tue, 17 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi
i have a problem i have a us-robotics x2 and i would like to configure it
under solaris ....
HOW DO I DO  i have nada experience on setting up modems ...
neither to set up a PPP connection under solaris
PLEASE HELP A TOTALY helpless one

1. Internal US Robotics X2 Modem help . . .

I am running Solaris 7 x86 and am having trouble making either uucp or
PPP dial.  However, I can use either tip or cu and complete a manual
ASCII dial out.  When I use
Uutry the modem never responds to the initialization string.  I have
tried the following strings from the /etc/uucp/Dialers file ( hayes ,
usrv32-ec, and usrv32-nec).  I have also tried to hack a string that
will work.  But the problem seems to be that the modem is not receiving
the strings at all when sent from a program such as aspppd or Uutry.  I
would appreciate any ideas on the subject.
Thanks,
Dave

2. VPN/PPTP/ip/mail problem

3. US Robotics 56k X2 FAX Modem external.

4. Installing Netscape from cd-rom.

5. US Robotics 56K x2 modem ... lousy compressed file throughput

6. problem installing weabalizer on solaris 9

7. help... U.S. Robotics x2 internal modem...

8. ppp & autoFTP

9. US Robotics Sportster modem/x2 upgrade and Linux

10. Why my U.S. Robotics v.90/x2 external modem was too slow?

11. US Robotics x2 Modem Sweepstakes Links!

12. any US Robotics x2 56k drivers?

13. US Robotics x2 Winmodem Fax