routeadd - hanging

Post by Geezer From The Freeze » Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:58:58

Got a NIS server machine (sol 9) trying to do a routeadd which hangs
when trying to do so. Clients also run the same routeadd and are successful.

Why is the nis routeadd*? Any pointers of where to look would be
appreciated.

routeadd - hanging

Post by Thomas Maier-Komo » Sat, 29 Jan 2005 22:24:40

Quote:> Got a NIS server machine (sol 9) trying to do a routeadd which hangs
> when trying to do so. Clients also run the same routeadd and are successful.

> Why is the nis routeadd*? Any pointers of where to look would be
> appreciated.

did you specify the destination as ip address or name? could it be that
the machine has problems resolving the name?

routeadd - hanging

Post by Mark » Mon, 31 Jan 2005 12:35:32

Can you post the syntax of the command you are trying to run?  Also,
are you attempting the 'route add' via an rc script or are you
attempting it manually after the box is running in rc3?

Mark

1. Hang, Hang, Hangs. No hopes!

I recently got a linux distrubtion off the internet.  It is Redhat
Linux Professional Version 8.  I think this is a new version, as im
only a newbie to the scene, but was wanting to give linux a shot.

I have a Dell Lattitude XPi P150ST with 48mb.  I run the installation
program off a boot floppy and then off the cdroms, since my laptop
never supported booting straight from CD, I used the rawrite app.

The installation program worked, I choose all the preferences and
options, but then when the installation program was about to install
programs, etc, it come up with an error message, it told me to post it
on the redhat website.  I scrolled down and the message said something
about not having enough memory to perform a certain task, as far as I
could make out.  It was a erron error or something?.

Im going to try to install it again, with the installation program
that you can do through the text interface, instead of the graphical
one.  First impressions, I did like the setup program, but not quite
when it said there was an error. - If i didnt have enough memory to
continue with installation would it not tell me straight out that I
didnt have the memory, instead of an error message.  The message had a
good few lines of programing lines or something - leave that to the
programmers!

A wannabe Linux user. Maybe.

2. Newbie Multiple Nics, How and Routing?

3. SCSI Bus Hangs (was OSR5.0.2 Install Hangs)

4. Changing Roots Shell

5. 4.7 install hangs (CD boot hangs when probing devices)

6. Pioneer DRM 624X

7. SS-1000 hangs / df hangs

8. i search mystique driver...

9. X Server hangs because Workman grabs input and hangs

10. Samba server hang makes client hang too

11. Netscape Communicator just hangs...and hangs...please help.

12. OS Hanged/X Window Hanged when su'd to rmuser/Softboot

13. System hangs with unrecoverable SCSI bus or device hang.