dp-4.0 on UltraSparc anyone?

Post by Jarrod Stenbe » Fri, 04 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I've spent much time getting dp-4.0 to run on my Sparc Utlra AX.

Finally, it dials, connects and appears to succesfully log in, then during
or after the ip negotiation (I have a static IP), BLAMO.

panic[cpu0]/thread=0x3002bec0: trap

is the error message.

I have a feeling that the problem is unique to my machine.  i cannot find
any patches that are specific to the problem, or that are vaguely related.

I have installed the recommended patches from sunsolve1.sun.com to no
avail.

Has anyone heard of this and can anyone help?

Regards,
-jarrod

--                                   --

612.646.6427                         www.visi.com/~jarrod
612.901.6650                         www.denizen.net

1. no /dev/dp with dp-4.0

Hi,
        I'm trying to set up dp-4.0 on a solaris machine.

        Everything seems to build ok, and install ok.

        When I try to start the daemon,  I get an error saying that
        the device /dev/dp doesn't exisit.

        I've already loaded the modules dp using modload /usr/kernel/drv/dp

        If I put a soft link to this routine, the file type is wrong.

        I don't know how this /dev/dp file is supposed to get created.

        ipconfig dp0 plumb fails also because the file /dev/fp doesn't
        exist.

        Any suggestions.

        thanks, email preferred.

        Phil Maechling

2. Mac SCSI

3. anybody running dp-4.0 on pseudo tty pairs

4. gcc compiler

5. dp-4.0, pseudo tty pairs and wampes

6. Specific programming in Linux

7. dp-4.0 compile problem

8. Request to FS developers... superblock corruption

9. dp-4.0 on Solaris 2.4

10. ppp-2.3b1 vs dp-4.0 for solaris 2.5

11. dp-4... DIRECT connection

12. dp-4.0 installation

13. Does dp-4.0 work OK with Solaris 2.5?