Veritas Cluster on dis-similar hardware

Post by Schleproc » Fri, 11 Nov 2005 03:29:30

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has ever run VCS on dis-similar hardware. My
company is planning on setting up a cluster where one of the nodes is a
420R and the other is a V480. I am concered that this could be a
problem.

Thank You,
Rodney

Post by Axel Neuman » Sat, 12 Nov 2005 03:55:53

> Hello All,

> I was wondering if anyone has ever run VCS on dis-similar hardware. My
> company is planning on setting up a cluster where one of the nodes is a
> 420R and the other is a V480. I am concered that this could be a
> problem.

> Thank You,
> Rodney

Hi,

AFAIK there should be no problems as long you are using the same Solaris
release.

I knew a company that did this with a 280R and a E450. The only problem they
found was a real bad perfomance when the E450 has to take over for the 280R.

HTH,

Axel Neumann

1. Sun Cluster 3.0 vs Veritas Cluster Server

I will soon begin a cycle of tests to compare the cluster products
running on Solaris/Sunfire and I am looking for **not commercial or
vendor whitepaper** informations about SC3.0 and/or VCS.

If you are using one of those products (or both ;-)) for your
business, what do you think about their reliability, their plus or
minus, etc... ?

I'll be very interesting in all advices about them.

Jean-Charles Leynadier,
Production Engineer,
CDC-Ixis Capital Markets IT Department.

2. Howto get Endian-ness of a machine?

3. Veritas Cluster versus SUN Cluster

4. dumb pkg question

5. Best Practices "Migrating Veritas VCS Cluster to SUN Cluster"

6. version 7.1 not shuting down

7. VERITAS cluster server vs. SUN cluster -- Any recommendations ?

8. Source for custom PC CASE BADGES

9. Veritas clustering vs SUN clustering

10. Sun Cluster + QFS or Sun Cluster + Veritas

11. Clustering Sun: Sun cluster or Veritas?

12. RED HAT Advanced Server vs VERITAS Cluster Server

13. Sun ( or Veritas ) cluster for Autosys Server