To add two network cards and try to work an email server?

To add two network cards and try to work an email server?

Post by tck.. » Wed, 12 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
I have an question that hope some one can help me with. thanks!
I want to build up an e-mail system that can work with my intranet,
also can send mail to internet.(Maybe need two network cards)
I have an intranet system which ip is a1.a2.a3.a4, and I want my users
can send an e-mail to each other. Also, this machine can accept an
e-mail that send from internet(I also want my users can send to
internet too). How can I setup it?
My second question is: Should I have to setup a different domain for
my machine(for intranet used)? If so, how can I do it(my domain
controller is using NT) because I already have an internet domain?

Thanks for help,
Robert

1. Trying to setup firewall on linux box with two network cards, cards are not configuring correctly

I am setting up a firewall with latest version of redhat 9. The box
has two network cards with static IPs, one has one IP other has 3 IP
address using aliasing.

eth1   (192.168.0.214)
eth0   (192.168.254.211)
eth0:0 (192.168.254.212)
eth0:1 (192.168.254.213)

After reboot, both cards are detected and brought up, when trying to
ping either side from the firewall (coming back destination
unreachable)

      Network-----X-----Linux-----X-----Laptop

Also can not ping from either side to firewall (coming back time
outs).

When down one network card and bring up other again, can ping that
side. Bring up other card again and can not ping anything!

Any help would be appreciated.

2. Sun 5.1 LDAP password

3. Trying to get two network card running for RH 6.0

4. Adding new accounts

5. two network cards, two(?) networks, one computer...

6. Newbie needs help: Mandrake 7.1 keeps crashing during installation.

7. Adding a Second Network Card

8. RH6 install from DOS?

9. email server (qmail) on two different class c networks - can I do it w/out nat?

10. Adding second network card

11. Problems Add Second Network Card

12. Adding Email Accounts Linux Email Server

13. sco 5 adding two network cards.