Non-networked & networked Solaris x86 setup?

Non-networked & networked Solaris x86 setup?

Post by Scott R. Gord » Fri, 08 Sep 1995 04:00:00

G'day,

I have recently setup my PC to run Solaris x86 2.4 as a standalone networked
box - which it is most of the time (i.e. when I am at work).  I also want to
be able to use the machine as a standalone non-networked box as well (i.e.
when I am at home or out in the field).

Is there an easy way to configure the system such that none of the network
stuff is invoked when it is being used off the network.  I would hope that you
could set this up as a boot option (maybe the spare init 4 state??).

Please excuse my ignorance if this is a simple problem to fix or if this
ground has already been covered, but this is my first time as a unix system
administrator (this is probably pritty obvious).  Any help or pointers are
much appreciated.

Cheers

S.

--
SCOTT R. GORDON - Electronic Engineer      Phone : +61 7 3286 8287
CSIRO Division of Fisheries                Fax   : +61 7 3286 2582