DLPI programs in dltest.tar

Post by Amit W Kum » Sat, 18 Jun 1994 10:22:37

Hi! I'm using the programs in dltest.tar (the test progams accompanying
the "How to use DLPI" document by Neal Nuckolis) to set up a link
between two machines using the DLPI connectionless  primitives. The
source (sending) end works fine, but the destination (receiving end)
doesn't receive anything. I guess I'm doing something wrong somewhere,
but I'm not sure, and was hoping I could get some help from the
net-folks. I have been able to set up the connectionless service
previously, and I think I may be doing something differently this time.
Also, I may have had a slightly different version of the driver then,
but I don't think so.

What I tried was:

--
Machine 1: $ ./dlunitdatareq /dev/fddi 0 0 0:40:b:40:a8:62 0 10 100

Machine 2: $ ./dlrcv /dev/fddi 0 0

--
dlunitdatareq:  Usage:  ./dlunitdatareq device ppa localsap destphys destsap n
size

dlrcv:  Usage:  ./dlrcv [ -bp ] device ppa sap
--

(machine 2 has 0:40:b:40:a8:62 as it's fddi addr)
--

Am I doing something wrong here, or am I just using the wrong programs?
(I tried "tx" as well.)

Also, does anybody know of any site where I can find sample DLPI code
using connection-oriented primitives?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Amit

      back.

1. netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz for Netscape 6.1 ppc?

Netscape was inviting me to download
what they called
Netscape 6.1 English language, X11 Linux 2.2.18-4hpmac ppc.

What eventually came down the line was
netscape-i686-pc-linux-gnu-installer.tar.gz.

Which I stopped very quickly.

Any comments?

Heinz

2. Reset while booting Kernel

3. Solaris DLPI programming?

4. PATCH: Improved OOM

5. DLPI programming in SCO open server 5

6. SendMail and DNS and Ugggh

7. DLPI program on DEC system

8. netstat programming with C in AIX 4.3

9. DLPI programming questions

10. Question: DLPI program

11. Programming with DLPI interface.

12. DLPI program on DEC system