View and print Word 97 docs. on Solaris??

Post by h.. » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi, What's the best way to view and print MS Word docs from Solaris 7?

Thanks in advance,

S.

View and print Word 97 docs. on Solaris??

Post by news.ufl.ed » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

One way, whether it is best or not who knows, is to get a copy of
staroffice.  It is free and at www.stardivision.com

>Hi, What's the best way to view and print MS Word docs from Solaris 7?

>Thanks in advance,

>S.

View and print Word 97 docs. on Solaris??

Post by Kumar » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Sun have a tool called PC Viewer.(Its free as far as I know). Check
www.sun.com and do a search.

PC Viewer can ONLY read and print MS format files.

A new product called PC Launcher was released by Sun recently. It can
edit all kinds of MS files including bmp files and the lot. However you
need to buy a Sun PCI card. The software comes free with Solaris 7 (5/99).

Arv

: One way, whether it is best or not who knows, is to get a copy of
: staroffice.  It is free and at www.stardivision.com

: >

Post by Slav Inge » Sat, 19 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> Hi, What's the best way to view and print MS Word docs from Solaris 7?

> Thanks in advance,

> S.

The new Sun PC File Viewer should be able to do this.  I don't remember
where it is, but search Sun.com to find out.

- Slav Inger.

View and print Word 97 docs. on Solaris??

Post by Len Philp » Sun, 20 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>>Sun have a tool called PC Viewer.(Its free as far as I know). Check
>>www.sun.com and do a search.

>>PC Viewer can ONLY read and print MS format files.

>>A new product called PC Launcher was released by Sun recently. It can
>>edit all kinds of MS files including bmp files and the lot. However you
>>need to buy a Sun PCI card. The software comes free with Solaris 7 (5/99).

Then again, if you buy a PCi card, you have a PC inside the Sun box, so
you can just run Word natively...  :)

1. translate from MS Word doc (.doc) to Portable doc (.pdf) with Solaris 5.6

I would like to translate a Microsoft Word document (.doc)
into a Portable description file (.pdf) with my SUN station
running with OS SOLARIS 5.6.
How can i do ?
Any information may be helpful.

2. pump problem after link drop/reconnect

3. view ms word doc in unix

4. Microcom APT Modems

5. Viewing Word docs

6. SunOS not vulnerable to rlogin bug (CERT CA-97.06)

7. Viewing Word docs on Linux

8. Solaris 2.1 syslogd bugs (was Re: inn 1.[23

9. MS Word 97

10. WP 8.0 Converting Word 97 files

11. unix Hostile Bug in Word 97 SR-1 Save As HTML (Repost)

12. Kword 1.1 Word 97 Filter

13. WP8 - conversion of Word 97 files