classic, solaris 2.2, use serial port as console?

classic, solaris 2.2, use serial port as console?

Post by Dwayne Jacques Fonten » Fri, 25 Jun 1993 15:34:52

hello,

Let's say I had a SPARC Classic running Solaris 2.2, and I was going to
be without a monitor for a while.

How would I set the machine to use the serial port as the console, so I
could use a DEC VT100 as a terminal?

thanks for your time,

Dwayne Fontenot

1. Solaris 8,9,10 serial consoles via serial port how to raise speed?

I'm a loss.  I have several machines already running with 9600 baud (default)
speeds to their serial consoles.  From what I read, you can't use
smc to modify the speed if the ports are used as consoles... but I cannot
figure out how to change the speed and reset the line so the rate
changes to the console.

I know it may be different in Solaris 10.. I've got a mix of Sol 8,9,10
plaforms.  How can I raise the rate to the maximum.  Also, even new
hardware seems to indicate that 38400 is as high as it can go...
anyone else know different and can tell me what I need to do to
enable for 115200 (or if it's possible)?

Thanks in advance,
Chris

2. SOHO USB2/Firewire card

3. Solaris 2.2/2.3 serial port performance + Patch Status

4. Legal Remedies

5. Minimum Memory for Solaris 2.2 on a Classic

6. Can't anyone help me?

7. C2 (passwd - NIS) on 4.1.3 serving Classic (Solaris 2.2)

8. remote X can't access :1 on my system (xhost bug/problem?)

9. How do I create /dev/cgeight on Classic / Solaris 2.2 ?

10. serial console - lilo serial= no serial port input

11. Serial console hangs in 2.2

12. 2.2 Upgrade on Serial Console Only Based System

13. Using a serial port as a console