Getting data with hpnpadmin...

Post by Shiva MahaDe » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 08:49:27

When I issue:
/opt/hpnpl/hpnpadmin -v 175.10.18.12    (JetDirects IP), I get a lot of
informations, but how to know which port from yours 3 ports are in use and
which device are attached in these ports ?
Thanks...

Post by Greg Andre » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:23:50

>When I issue:
>/opt/hpnpl/hpnpadmin -v 175.10.18.12    (JetDirects IP), I get a lot of
>informations, but how to know which port from yours 3 ports are in use and
>which device are attached in these ports ?

Perhaps the man page for hpnpadmin will tell you what information
it can get from the Jetdirect?

man -M /opt/hpnpl/man hpnpadmin

  -Greg
--
Do NOT reply via e-mail.
Reply in the newsgroup.

Post by Martin Pau » Fri, 14 Feb 2003 16:57:24

> /opt/hpnpl/hpnpadmin -v 175.10.18.12    (JetDirects IP), I get a lot of
> informations, but how to know which port from yours 3 ports are in use and
> which device are attached in these ports ?

The JetDirects I know only have network connection ports, so what
ports do you mean, and what kind of devices would you attach to them ?

Running "hpnpadmin" without any option will show you all the options
it supports - not all of them are included in -v output.

mp.
--
                         Martin Paul | Systems Administrator

       University of Vienna, Austria | http://www.par.univie.ac.at/

Post by Greg Andre » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 02:41:14

>> /opt/hpnpl/hpnpadmin -v 175.10.18.12    (JetDirects IP), I get a lot of
>> informations, but how to know which port from yours 3 ports are in use and
>> which device are attached in these ports ?

>The JetDirects I know only have network connection ports, so what
>ports do you mean, and what kind of devices would you attach to them ?

HP makes at least two standalone Jetdirect print server boxes.
They do indeed have a network port, but they also have parallel
and serial ports to connect to the printers.  There's a one-printer
model (with one printer port) and a three-printer model.

I assume Shiva was referring to these.

  -Greg
--
Do NOT reply via e-mail.
Reply in the newsgroup.

1. data data data

howdy.  i'm having a little problem.  i need to store a very large number
of character strings in a file so that i can easily index them later.  the
problem being that the size of each individual string is unknown.  i thought
perhaps of using "markers" throughout the file to index each string, but am
unsure whether this is the best way to do it.

i would greatly appreciate any suggestions.  thanks.

                                        Jon-Callum

--

% Jon-Callum   Norton   mullaC-noJ %

% i want to live on abstract plain %

2. weird NFS mounting problems

3. Getting data from particular fiend

4. Some questions

5. getting data back from fdisked hdd

6. Overview of acticities

7. raid 0+1 +oracle getting slow data reads.

8. .kdelnk files....

9. help getting pieces of data from ascii flat file

10. Getting inode data of JFS file

11. getting text strings into __initdata for char *foo = "data"

12. getting data to ms access

13. Help needed for getting the data transfer speed