Upgrade OpenSSH 2.9p2 to OpenSSH-4.2p1 on Solaris 8 for SPARC

Upgrade OpenSSH 2.9p2 to OpenSSH-4.2p1 on Solaris 8 for SPARC

Post by DragonsLor » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 04:10:51

Good morning, I need to upgrade from OpenSSH 2.9p2 to OpenSSH-4.2p1 on
Solaris 8 for SPARC.

Do I have to uninstall the previous version and install the last one?

I'd like don't lose or manipulate manually know_hosts, authorized_keys and
so one.

Could anyone help me?

Regards. DragonsLord

Post by Darren Dunha » Wed, 15 Feb 2006 06:45:09

> Good morning, I need to upgrade from OpenSSH 2.9p2 to OpenSSH-4.2p1 on
> Solaris 8 for SPARC.
> Do I have to uninstall the previous version and install the last one?

That depends on details about how they are packaged.  You can have both
versions installed simultaneously and using the same config files, but
they may be packaged in a way that makes it harder to do so.

--

Senior Technical Consultant         TAOS            http://www.taos.com/