X client for win32

Post by mesak1.. » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi!
We are about to buy a X-clients for using it opposite to our Suns. Well,
i used to work with Exceed but is there any other choices ? Any
recommended ?
Thanks,
        Daniel Mester

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

X client for win32

Post by Jim Sander » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

If you are NEVER going to use multiple monitors on a PC then PCXware by NCD
is available (higher cost then eXceed also)

> Hi!
> We are about to buy a X-clients for using it opposite to our Suns. Well,
> i used to work with Exceed but is there any other choices ? Any
> recommended ?
> Thanks,
> Daniel Mester

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

X client for win32

Post by Family Jurkovi » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Try ReflectionX

X client for win32

Post by Kenny McCorma » Mon, 13 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>If you are NEVER going to use multiple monitors on a PC then PCXware by NCD
>is available (higher cost then eXceed also)

www.starnet.com

Shareware (try before you buy) - but rather expensive to buy (register): $200.

The product is quite good - looks like it is all there.  I mention the price
to make it clear that this is not just the usual freeware junk.

There are several cheap/free options out there, but if you are looking for
the real thing and have the $$$ to spend, Xwin-32 is good.

X client for win32

Post by Bill Wan » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Try Goglobal (www.graphon.com)and Citrix(MetaFrame1.8 For NT/Win2000
and MetaFrame 1.0 for Unix/Solaris)
I think the Citrix(http://www.citrix.com)product is better than other!

Regards/Bill

> Hi!
> We are about to buy a X-clients for using it opposite to our Suns. Well,
> i used to work with Exceed but is there any other choices ? Any
> recommended ?
> Thanks,
> Daniel Mester

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

X client for win32

Post by Roger » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Hi!
> We are about to buy a X-clients for using it opposite to our Suns. Well,
> i used to work with Exceed but is there any other choices ? Any
> recommended ?
> Thanks,
>         Daniel Mester

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

You don't like Exceed?

I've tried PC-Xware, WebTerm-X, and Exceed.  Of those, Exceed is the
best and WebTerm-X is second best.

X client for win32

Post by Serge Haus » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>You don't like Exceed?

>I've tried PC-Xware, WebTerm-X, and Exceed.  Of those, Exceed is the
>best and WebTerm-X is second best.

exceed is ok. but to me keaX (earlier known as extraX from dec) seemed
a bit faster.

regards
serge

X client for win32

Post by Joe Boucha » Tue, 14 Mar 2000 04:00:00

>Hi!
>We are about to buy a X-clients for using it opposite to our Suns. Well,
>i used to work with Exceed but is there any other choices ? Any
>recommended ?

We use Exceed by Hummingbird.  Many other people do also, and
it generally works well.

--

Thank you,
Joe Bouchard