how force reverse video on sparc2 running solaris?

how force reverse video on sparc2 running solaris?

Post by Arthur Wo » Sat, 21 Feb 1998 04:00:00

my aged eyes would prefer running the console in reverse video. the
glare from the full screen is * my eyes. reverse video is the
equivalent of monochrome, which has higher contrast and is more suited
to my long term viewing. even better would be choosing  letter color
to increase contrast against a b;ack background, but reverse video
would do.

i am running solaris 2.4 on a sparc 2 with a sony 19" color monitor.

i would also like to be able to do the same thing in openwin. any
clues?
--
Any man who hates dogs and children can't be all bad - W. C. Fields

to send me email, remove 'syzygy.'  from my address

Post by Jerome Grandjann » Tue, 24 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> my aged eyes would prefer running the console in reverse video. the
> glare from the full screen is * my eyes. reverse video is the
> equivalent of monochrome, which has higher contrast and is more suited
> to my long term viewing. even better would be choosing  letter color
> to increase contrast against a black background, but reverse video
> would do.

> i am running solaris 2.4 on a sparc 2 with a sony 19" color monitor.

Hi Arthur,

I wrote a little program doing what you need when running console in
text mode. Have a look at :

   ftp://ldg.bruyeres.cea.fr/pub/grandjan

You will find two files : color.c and color.readme
I think this can solve your problem.

Quote:> i would also like to be able to do the same thing in openwin. any
> clues?

For OpenWin, you have to add lines such as the followings in your
.Xdefaults file :

*foreground:    white
*background:    black

HTH,
Sincerely,
Jerome.

1. Sparc2 running Solaris 2.6 ????

Hi.

I have two old Sparc 2's w/ 64 megs ram. ROM rev 2.0.  Whoever had these
before was using them as terminals.  When you boot them, they look for an
external boot device (that's beside the point).  I want to install Solaris
2.6 or 7 on it.  Is there any reason why it won't work? Assuming the
internal hard drive is big enough.

Next question.  Do Sun's have a bios that need updating?  If so, how do you
do it...  Assuming I can install 2.6 on this machine or 7 for that matter,
I'd like it to be Y2K compliant.

Thanks
Peter

2. more info on memdebug overflow

3. X11R5 on a SPARC2 running solaris 2.1

4. SPARCstorage Array

5. termcap/terminfo for a sparc2 running solaris?

6. Linux Counter: 47983 registered Linux users

7. Unable to boot Sparc2.6 after installed Sparc2.7

8. Citrix through Linux IP Masq box

9. Reverse video on Solaris console

10. want to bypass onboard video and force PCI video

11. Force Sparc CPU-10/9U running Solaris 2.x experience

12. sparc2 solaris2.4: unknown process keeps running

13. remote access to Sun Sparc2 running Sunos 4.1.4 by PC Anywhere VT emulation