installing Windows 95 on Sunpci card

Post by rob reynold » Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I'm having trouble installing Windows 95 on a SUNWspci card.

It seemed to work initially.
When I started the pci window the next time it failed with a windows
memory protection complaint.

I tried to remove the c drive and recreate it by deleting

/u01/apps/pci/c

I also tried removing the SUNWspci software package and adding it again.

When I launch ./sunpci it asks me to create a new c drive.
When I hit Ok I get the message
//pc /:already exists you must specify a new SunOS filename

It doesn't seem to matter whether I delete the pc directory or not or try
specifying an alternate directory. The same error keeps coming up.
Has anyone got some tips on getting around this type of problem??

Thanks in Advance
Rob Reynolds

installing Windows 95 on Sunpci card

Post by Ron Dille » Tue, 29 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Rob,

do you have the 400mhz proc?

If so, read the yellow sheet a paper that explains where to get the w95
amb patch to stop the IO errors.

Ron

> I'm having trouble installing Windows 95 on a SUNWspci card.

> It seemed to work initially.
> When I started the pci window the next time it failed with a windows
> memory protection complaint.

> I tried to remove the c drive and recreate it by deleting

> /u01/apps/pci/c

> I also tried removing the SUNWspci software package and adding it again.

> When I launch ./sunpci it asks me to create a new c drive.
> When I hit Ok I get the message
> //pc /:already exists you must specify a new SunOS filename

> It doesn't seem to matter whether I delete the pc directory or not or try
> specifying an alternate directory. The same error keeps coming up.
> Has anyone got some tips on getting around this type of problem??

> Thanks in Advance
> Rob Reynolds

|   Ron Dilley                  Sr. UNIX Administrator   |

|   Amgen Inc.                           (805)447-6730   |

1. Delete Windows 95, Install Windows NT and Linux

Dear Netters:

    Recently, I bought a Pentium II 300 with 64Mb memory and 6.4Gb
disk (C:, D:, E:, 2Gb each).  The operating system is Windows 95.
The file system is FAT.  From Windows 95 in C: Drive, I've installed
Windows NT 4.0 to D: Drive.  I plan to use Drives D: and E: for
Windows NT, clear Windows 95 and use Drive C: for Linux (I was
thinking about RedHat 5.0).

    Do you see any potential problem?  How should I proceed?
One question is the files "boot.ini" and "ntldr" (maybe some other
NT files I am not aware of; I know quite little about Windows OS)
reside in Drive C:.  If I format Drive C: under Linux, these files
will be deleted.  What Should I do?

    Any suggestion or tip will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dimitri

2. Apache derivatives

3. Installing Windows 95, Windows NT & Linux on same hard disk

4. ARP tables?

5. Installing windows 95 on installed linux system

6. dump segfault

7. How to install second OS(Windows 95) on primary IDE(slave) after installed FreeBSD?

8. Shared Objects

9. X-window software for Windows/Windows 95

11. WINDOWS 95 A FLOP! GET HAMILTON 95!!!

12. Running OSE 5.0 and Windows 95 (How To Print To Local Win 95 Printer)