IP Multipathing in Solaris 8

Post by Duane Bende » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 04:14:39

Hello,

Has anyone successfully configured IP multipathing in Solaris 8? Do I need
to do anything at all or does the kernel figure it out by the ifconfigs? Is
there a mgmt console for IP multipathing?

Thanks for any help,

-Duane Bender

IP Multipathing in Solaris 8

Post by Joe Blogg » Thu, 29 Nov 2001 06:34:53

Yes.

See http://www.samag.com/documents/s=1441/sam0111i/0111i.htm

Quote:> Hello,

Post by Doug Hugh » Sat, 01 Dec 2001 04:06:54

>Hello,

>Has anyone successfully configured IP multipathing in Solaris 8? Do I need
>to do anything at all or does the kernel figure it out by the ifconfigs? Is
>there a mgmt console for IP multipathing?

Nothing special to kernel. Basic steps:
http://www.eng.auburn.edu/~doug/howtos/multipathing.html

The long version is at
http://www.sun.com/blueprints

--
        Doug

1. IP Multipathing - Etherchannel - Solaris 2.7 - Dual NIC - SIngle IP

The two products you mention are the only two Sun solutions I'm aware
of.  (There are some 3rd party cards that do failover, but not load
balancing if that is a solution).

      < Please move on, ...nothing to see here,  please disperse >

2. How do you reinstall the TAR package?

3. Anyone experience with Solaris 8 IP multipathing?

4. A Few Questions . . .

5. solaris 10 ipfilter and ip multipath

6. $Q$ Mail/List servers on Linux?

7. Solaris 10 IP Multipathing

8. FreeBSD vs LINUX

9. Solaris 8 IP Multipathing

10. md/multipath: Multipath, Multiport support and prototype patch for round robin routing

11. IP Multipathing Problem (cannot failover interfaces)

12. IP MultiPathing on Solaris8

13. IP Multipathing: Always trys to use default router address for test