Howto: Compile Ghostscript 5.50

Post by ShockWaveRide » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Being a complete newbie to compiling c/c++ programs, how do I compile
Ghostscript 5.50. I have all the requiste gcc 2.8.1 /ghostscript
programs/libs required . I guess what I'm asking  for is the specific
command syntax and compile sequence. This is for S7x86. Any help or
information would be appreciated. TIA

Post by Philip Bro » Sat, 20 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>Being a complete newbie to compiling c/c++ programs, how do I compile
>Ghostscript 5.50. I have all the requiste gcc 2.8.1 /ghostscript
>programs/libs required . I guess what I'm asking  for is the specific
>command syntax and compile sequence.

This hsould all be in the README or INSTALL documentation in ghostscript.
The only tricky bit is to know you need /usr/ccs/bin in your PATH

--
[trim the no-bots from my address to reply to me by email!]
Secret nONsONaTIAL monologue...

Howto: Compile Ghostscript 5.50

Post by Massimiliano Panich » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

If you want I have compiled Aladin Ghsodtscript on my S7x86
and I've made the package for installing it. I'll put it
on my web pages (two-three days)

bye

> Being a complete newbie to compiling c/c++ programs, how do I compile
> Ghostscript 5.50. I have all the requiste gcc 2.8.1 /ghostscript
> programs/libs required . I guess what I'm asking  for is the specific
> command syntax and compile sequence. This is for S7x86. Any help or
> information would be appreciated. TIA

--
Ing. Massimiliano Panichi
DATA POS Srl === Filiale di Firenze

Howto: Compile Ghostscript 5.50

Post by Steve Christens » Wed, 24 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Ghostscript 5.50 for SPARC and Intel Solaris 7 systems as well as
Ghostview 1.5 are on http://sunfreeware.com.

Steve Christensen

1. Does anyone have Ghostscript 5.50 Fontmap with 5.50-std and -other fonts

I built Ghostscript-5.50 on 2.2 ok from the sources (the port doesn't work
on 2.2) and installed the fonts-std, and fonts-other for 5.50 from the ghost
site, but there is not indication of what the fonts are so I can update the
Fontmap.

does anyone by any cahnce have an updated Fontmap that includes all the
fonts?

thanks
Bob

--

---  http://4qir.quantum-radio.net.au - Where Only The Dedicated Survive!
4QIR Quantum Radio. Bringing you the original sounds of AFVN, with some of

2. Uhhuh.. Reserved trap code, whazzup? (0)

3. Ghostscript 5.50 missing stcolor device

4. Break into unix admin?

5. Ghostscript 5.50 doesn't work!?

6. Making lilo skip scanning IDE ports???

7. Canon bjc 620 and ghostscript 5.50

8. X driver for Diamond Stealth64 2000 3D ViRGE (newbie)

9. problem with ghostscript 5.50

10. ghostscript 5.50 does not work after install

11. HELP - Epson Stylus Pro and Ghostscript 5.5

12. Redhat 5.2 and Ghostscript 5.5

13. Recommendations for color inkjet printer supported by Ghostscript 5.5?