I have just put together a new release of Orca that has the following
improvements to it:
1) Now supports RRDtool 0.99.1.
2) Much easier installation now performed via configure script.
3) Installation of Orca and percollator is much easier. All paths and
configuration files for Orca and percollator are now set with the
configure script. I've installed these tools in a matter of minutes
4) Add an Orca logo.
5) Update the percollator.cfg file to not email me when any changes
To see an example of what Orca output, see the web page:
Orca can be downloaded from
From the README:
Orca is a tool useful for plotting arbitrary data from text files onto
a directory on a Web server. It has the following features:
* Configuration file based.
* Reads white space separated data files.
* Watches data files for updates and sleeps between reads.
* Finds new files at specified times.
* Remembers the last modification times for files so they do not have to
be reread continuously.
* Can plot the same type of data from different files into different
or the same GIFs.
* Different plots can be created based on the filename.
* Parses the date from the text files.
* Create arbitrary plots of data from different columns.
* Ignore columns or use the same column in many plots.
* Add or remove columns from plots without having to deleting RRDs.
* Plot the results of arbitrary Perl expressions, including mathematical
ones, using one or more columns.
* Group multiple columns into a single plot using regular expressions on
the column titles.
* Creates an HTML tree of HTML files and GIF plots.
* Creates an index of URL links listing all available targets.
* Creates an index of URL links listing all different plot types.
* No separate CGI set up required.
* Can be run under cron or it can sleep itself waiting for file updates
based on when the file was last updated.
< 1K Download