ANNOUNCE: Orca 0.15 Solaris statistics plotting tool released

ANNOUNCE: Orca 0.15 Solaris statistics plotting tool released

Post by Blair Zaja » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Good evening,

I have just put together a new release of Orca that has the following
improvements to it:

1) Now supports RRDtool 0.99.1.
2) Much easier installation now performed via configure script.
3) Installation of Orca and percollator is much easier.  All paths and
   configuration files for Orca and percollator are now set with the
   configure script.  I've installed these tools in a matter of minutes
   now.
4) Add an Orca logo.
5) Update the percollator.cfg file to not email me when any changes

To see an example of what Orca output, see the web page:

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/4996/orca-example/

Orca can be downloaded from

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/4996/

From the README:

Orca
=====

Orca is a tool useful for plotting arbitrary data from text files onto
a directory on a Web server.  It has the following features:

  * Configuration file based.
  * Reads white space separated data files.
  * Watches data files for updates and sleeps between reads.
  * Finds new files at specified times.
  * Remembers the last modification times for files so they do not have to
    be reread continuously.
  * Can plot the same type of data from different files into different
    or the same GIFs.
  * Different plots can be created based on the filename.
  * Parses the date from the text files.
  * Create arbitrary plots of data from different columns.
  * Ignore columns or use the same column in many plots.
  * Add or remove columns from plots without having to deleting RRDs.
  * Plot the results of arbitrary Perl expressions, including mathematical
    ones, using one or more columns.
  * Group multiple columns into a single plot using regular expressions on
    the column titles.
  * Creates an HTML tree of HTML files and GIF plots.
  * Creates an index of URL links listing all available targets.
  * Creates an index of URL links listing all different plot types.
  * No separate CGI set up required.
  * Can be run under cron or it can sleep itself waiting for file updates
    based on when the file was last updated.

Blair Zajac

  bzajac.vcf
< 1K Download

1. ANNOUNCE: FMRTG: File based Web plotting tool with Solaris performance plots

I'm announcing the first release of my FMRTG package, which is based
on MRTG version 3, or RRD as it may otherwise be known.  A small
example of FMRTG at work is available at:

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/4996/fmrtg-example/

Here's part of the README from the package:

FMRTG is a tool useful for plotting arbitrary data from text files onto
a directory on Web server.  It has the following features:

[...]

Included in the package with FMRTG is a modified version of the percollator.se
from the SE toolkit that generates the data that FMRTG plots.

FMRTG is available for free at

http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Thinktank/4996/

I welcome any suggestions, comments, feedback, etc.  If you use FMRTG, I'd
greatly appreciate it you could email the URL.

Blair Zajac

  bzajac.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Support

3. Orca 0.22 released - Web based system monitoring tool

4. Mode 640x480 not recognized?

5. Orca 0.21 released - system monitoring tool

6. Need help configuring BSD account!!

7. Orca 0.23 released - Web based system monitoring tool

8. gcc 2.81 bug?

9. ANNOUNCE: GNU plotting utilities 1.3 released

10. ANNOUNCE: GNU plotting utilities 1.1 released

11. ANNOUNCE: GNU plotting utilities 2.0 released

12. LILO 0.15/creating two bootable dos partitions on the same drive

13. LILO (v 0.15) questions