why I can't login Nis ?

Post by ALex_19 » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 21:55:59

I set up a nis (yp) server and  a yp client,both in Solaris 7
in thr client ,ypcat passwd, ypcat hosts, is OK,
but when I login as nis user in a client, it failed:

please help

thanks

why I can't login Nis ?

Post by jc » Fri, 03 Aug 2001 23:53:44

Quote:> I set up a nis (yp) server and  a yp client,both in Solaris 7
> in thr client ,ypcat passwd, ypcat hosts, is OK,
> but when I login as nis user in a client, it failed:

> please help

> thanks

Hi

YOu /etc/nsswitch.conf file has nis in it right?
passwd: files nis

jc

why I can't login Nis ?

Post by Ray Tr » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 08:20:58

Yes I agree. Check the /etc/nsswitch.conf file to make sure that nis
is in the search path. You may want to copy the /etc/nsswitch.nis to
/etc/nsswitch.conf.

> > I set up a nis (yp) server and  a yp client,both in Solaris 7
> > in thr client ,ypcat passwd, ypcat hosts, is OK,
> > but when I login as nis user in a client, it failed:

> > please help

> > thanks

> Hi

> YOu /etc/nsswitch.conf file has nis in it right?
> passwd: files nis

> jc

why I can't login Nis ?

Post by Manuel Rodrigue » Wed, 08 Aug 2001 20:28:39

What about running /var/yp/make after creating a new user?
Remember you have to include the user in the passwd and shadow files and
running make.