no mailer on Solaris 2.6

Post by gkrani » Fri, 14 Sep 2001 16:49:35

When i click to the Brief icon as root, i receive a message : "Mailer cannot
open this mailbox".
When i write the command:#mail i receive:
mail: mailfile does not begin with a 'From' line

How can i correct the process of mail?????

1. Solaris 2.6 major relay mailer?

I am configuring sendmail.cf for a brand new Solaris 2.6 system. There
is a line it is confused me:

# major relay mailer
DMether

it seems different as Solaris 2.5.1 :

# major relay mailer - typical choice is "ddn" if you are on the
# Defense Data Network (e.g. Arpanet or Milnet)
DMddn

My old Solaris 2.5.1 sendmail is working fine, but the new Solaris 2.6
sendmail system has trouble to send mail, it is very slow to connect
main mail server compareing with Solaris 2.5.1, it sends mail to same

it sends mail to outside world missed the "From" field without any mail
address.

There is no ddn Mailer defined at Solaris 2.6.1, if you are Solaris
people do you know why sun take off it from sendmail.cf.

I have several questions:
1. What is the mean "major relay mailer"?
2. Why doesn't Solaris 2.6 use ddn?
3. What is the different between mailer ether and ddn?
4. Why there is no smtp mailer defined in Solaris 2.5/2.6, why we don't
use smtp mailer?
5. Is there any other sendmail configuring instructions resource for
Solaris 2.6/2.5 online?

Thanks
Albert

2. Dual Boot w/W2K

3. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

4. Forte c license server

5. Upgrade from Solaris 2.6 with Volume Manager 2.6 to Solaris 8 with Volume Manager 3.2

6. Love and Unix

7. POP3 mailer for 2.6

8. 2 NICS +slow telnet

9. Mailer and 2.6

10. Ifmail 2.6 - FidoNet mailer and gateway for U*IX platform

11. SunOS 5.6 vs Solaris 2.6 vs Solaris 7 vs Solaris 8

12. FS: SOLARIS 7 SERVER, SOLARIS EASY ACCESS 2.0, SOLARIS 2.6 KIT

13. Trade: Solaris SysAdmin2 2.6 course for SysAdmin1 2.6 course