When i click to the Brief icon as root, i receive a message : "Mailer cannot
open this mailbox".
When i write the command:#mail i receive:
mail: mailfile does not begin with a 'From' line
How can i correct the process of mail?????
I am configuring sendmail.cf for a brand new Solaris 2.6 system. There
is a line it is confused me:
# major relay mailer
it seems different as Solaris 2.5.1 :
# major relay mailer - typical choice is "ddn" if you are on the
# Defense Data Network (e.g. Arpanet or Milnet)
My old Solaris 2.5.1 sendmail is working fine, but the new Solaris 2.6
sendmail system has trouble to send mail, it is very slow to connect
main mail server compareing with Solaris 2.5.1, it sends mail to same
it sends mail to outside world missed the "From" field without any mail
There is no ddn Mailer defined at Solaris 2.6.1, if you are Solaris
people do you know why sun take off it from sendmail.cf.
I have several questions:
1. What is the mean "major relay mailer"?
2. Why doesn't Solaris 2.6 use ddn?
3. What is the different between mailer ether and ddn?
4. Why there is no smtp mailer defined in Solaris 2.5/2.6, why we don't
use smtp mailer?
5. Is there any other sendmail configuring instructions resource for
Solaris 2.6/2.5 online?