FS Sparc 20 clone

Post by Your Bud W » Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Sparc 20 w/Corcorde chassis
125MHz HyperSParc CPU and cache
64MB ram(I have more if ya want to negotiate)
2 - 1.2GB seagate faste wide SCSI
4.1.4 installed, or 2.51 Solaris if needed
Turbo GX card

$2500 OBO

I also have an extra cpu module(501-2708)
for a sparc 20(50Mhz)
Make an offer

WYK

1. Sparc 5 vs Sparc 10 vs Sparc 20

New to the group, so please be easy on me.

Here's my question:

Is there a performance difference between a 5, 10, or 20?  During a
recent exercise we conducted, that users were complaining about their
clients being too slow.  They asked to be upgraded to a Sparc 20 to
alleviate their woes.  Walking around doing a dmesg grep -i cpu, we
found that the 5's or 10's actually had a faster processor than the
20's.  Sometimes the RAM was higher on the 20's, sometimes not.   Is
there some sort of performance rating on different models published
somewhere?  Or is it dependent on the architecture of the box itself?
My suggestion was to walk around and pencil in an extra 0 on the case
so they'd think they had a higher model !  Customer service!!

If this is too vague, please let me know and I'll try to be as
specific as I can without compromising security.

Boz
(no certifications as of yet)

2. ATI Mach64 / Xfree86 [request for info]

3. FS:Sparc 20 BlowOut! $409.00 ........

4. What does this stuff mean, please.

5. Sun Sparc 20 disk partition/fs disaster

6. Help! DIP can not find my modem

7. FS:Sun Ultra 1 base Trade in that old Sparc 20!!

8. PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard Problem

9. Sparc 20 cpu module FS

10. Sun Sparc 20 disk partition/fs disaster

11. Sparc 20 FS

12. FS: SUN SPARCSTATION 20's and 20" MONITORS

13. Help, Booting Sparc 20 from Sparc Disk Array via fiber link