Solstice Backup for few Unix machines

Post by Katarzyna Dziurk » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

   Dear Sirs,

    Are you using ClientPack for more than one machine?

    We have purchased ClientPack. Is it only for one Client? There is
version for AIX on purchased CD-Rom.

   It is not clear for us how many ClientPacks for Unix we must purchase
and how many registracions we need to do (one ClientPack codes on Server
or more - for every machine with  ClientPack)?

   Thank You very much for help :)

 Regards,

                            Katarzyna Dziurka
                            Helena Maciuk

Solstice Backup for few Unix machines

Post by Peter C. Tribb » Fri, 21 May 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>     Are you using ClientPack for more than one machine?

>     We have purchased ClientPack. Is it only for one Client? There is
> version for AIX on purchased CD-Rom.

>    It is not clear for us how many ClientPacks for Unix we must purchase
> and how many registracions we need to do (one ClientPack codes on Server
> or more - for every machine with  ClientPack)?

You need to load and register the ClientPak enabler on the server. You
need one license for each class of client, so if you just have Unix
clients you only need the one license.

(If you wanted to back up NT or netware machines as well you would need
to also get the appropriate ClientPak and license, but the Unix
ClientPak license covers all supported Unix clients.)

--
-Peter Tribble
HGMP Computing Services

1. Solstice Backup for few Unix machines

   Dear Sirs,

   Are you using ClientPack for more then one machine?

    We have purchased ClientPack. Is it only for one Client? There is
version for AIX on purchased CD-Rom.

   It is not clear for us how many ClientPacks for Unix we must purchase
and how many registracions we need to do (one ClientPack codes on Server
or more - for every machine with  ClientPack)?

   Thank You very much for help :)

 Regards,

                            Katarzyna Dziurka
                            Helena Maciuk

2. Tutorial about network

3. How to backup HA cluster using Solstice Backup?

4. Matrox MGA II

5. Solstice Backup 5.1 / DMO 2.1/Oracle 8.1.5: Tape backup failed : Need of 5.5 Upgrade ?

6. Apache & umask for UID of the User directive

7. Solstice Backup (4.2.x): to run a script before/after backup

8. xdm don't work with NIS+ !?!

9. Solstice Backup 4.2.6: Archiving vs. backup.

10. How to designate full backup to specific tape using Solstice Backup?

11. Solstice backup does not backup!

12. Solstice Backup 5.1: can't do level or incremental backups

13. Solstice Backup 5.5.1 queuing of backup jobs?