Hex editor

Post by Thomas Mitchel » Wed, 11 Dec 2002 23:21:56

Hi,

I need a useful hex editor for SunOS 2.8. Or is there a editor on SunOS
after default installation? Thanx,

Thomas Mitchell

Hex editor

Post by Stefaan A Eeckel » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 02:15:21

On 10 Dec 2002 14:21:56 GMT

> Hi,

> I need a useful hex editor for SunOS 2.8. Or is there a editor on SunOS
> after default installation? Thanx,

I use bvi. Download it from <http://bvi.sourceforge.net/>.

Take care,

--
Stefaan
--

Hex editor

Post by aryzh » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 05:05:03

> Hi,

> I need a useful hex editor for SunOS 2.8. Or is there a editor on SunOS
> after default installation? Thanx,

Small modifications of binary files can be done with adb

Hex editor

Post by Philip Bro » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 08:10:40

Quote:>Hi,

>I need a useful hex editor for SunOS 2.8. Or is there a editor on SunOS
>after default installation? Thanx,

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/shed

will let you "edit" arbitrarily large binary files. The caviate is that it
is an in-place thing, best used for tweaking some bytes.. NOT insert/delete
operations.

--
http://www.blastwave.org/ for solaris pre-packaged binaries

http://www.spamlaws.com/state/ca1.html

Hex editor

Post by SpiceBu » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 16:44:53

Quote:> I need a useful hex editor for SunOS 2.8. Or is there a editor on SunOS
> after default installation? Thanx,

a "simple" way to hexa-edit any file after a default installation is
to use xxd (1) (from FSF) : dump in hexa your code in a "readable"
form... edit it using your favorite text editor, and finally use again
xxd in its revert mode.

Good luck.

SpiceBug

1. Hex editor

I'm looking for a Unix based Hex editor.  If anyone has one could you please
E-Mail me and we can work out a sending arrangement (UUencode or something
like that). Thanx a lot!

                                -Noah

2. Sound parameters

3. Hex editor or disk utilities -- please help!

4. installing lilo afterwards ... ??

5. Looking for Hex Editor

6. Hard drive showing wrong size?

7. Hex Editors?

8. multi-button mouse emulation for Linuxppc (or just KDE)

9. hex editor for solaris 2.5

10. I'm looking for a binary/hex editor

11. Solaris Hex Editor Urgently Required, Anyone ?

12. Hex editor for Solaris?

13. hex-editor ?