Audio cdplayer application wanted for Solaris 2.3

Audio cdplayer application wanted for Solaris 2.3

Post by Marshall and Associat » Wed, 16 Nov 1994 09:12:03

Please Help!
We are in desparate need of an audio CD-player binary that will run
under Solaris 2.3 and OpenWindows 3.3.  We used the SunView Application
with SunOS 4.1.3 but now that we switched to Solaris, we are without sound.
If anybody knows of a way to run the old application or has knowledge of a
shareware package that runs under Solaris, we would be forever grateful.
Please reply via e-mail only...Thanks in advance.

R&R

Post by Phil Ho » Thu, 17 Nov 1994 04:35:43

>Please Help!
>We are in desparate need of an audio CD-player binary that will run
>under Solaris 2.3 and OpenWindows 3.3.  We used the SunView Application
>with SunOS 4.1.3 but now that we switched to Solaris, we are without sound.
>If anybody knows of a way to run the old application or has knowledge of a
>shareware package that runs under Solaris, we would be forever grateful.
>Please reply via e-mail only...Thanks in advance.
>R&R

workman is available at alot of ftp sites and runs fine under Solaris.

Post by Lee Dunc » Fri, 18 Nov 1994 15:37:08

Quote:: and Associates) writes:

: >Please Help!
: >We are in desparate need of an audio CD-player binary that will run
: >under Solaris 2.3 and OpenWindows 3.3.  We used the SunView Application
: >with SunOS 4.1.3 but now that we switched to Solaris, we are without sound.
: >If anybody knows of a way to run the old application or has knowledge of a
: >shareware package that runs under Solaris, we would be forever grateful.
: >Please reply via e-mail only...Thanks in advance.
:
: >R&R

:
: workman is available at alot of ftp sites and runs fine under Solaris.

You can also get action_workman.so.1, which goes in /usr/lib/rmmount.
With this nifty file (and the setup in /etc/rmmount.conf that goes
with it) you can have Volume Management automatically run workman when
you put in music CD-ROMs (the workman sources explain how to do this
and where to get the shared lib).

--
Lee Duncan

How can you be two places at once when you're no place at all?
-- Firesign Theater

Post by Matus Uhlar Softwa » Tue, 22 Nov 1994 19:22:01

: Please Help!
: We are in desparate need of an audio CD-player binary that will run
: under Solaris 2.3 and OpenWindows 3.3.  We used the SunView Application
: with SunOS 4.1.3 but now that we switched to Solaris, we are without sound.
: If anybody knows of a way to run the old application or has knowledge of a
: shareware package that runs under Solaris, we would be forever grateful.
: Please reply via e-mail only...Thanks in advance.

workman is available on ccnews.ke.sanet.sk:/sparc-solaris-2.3/workman.tar.gz
but I don't know if you can connect to us...try it.
--
Matus Uhlar,
Computer Centre of Technical University in Kosice, Slovakia

1. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link problems

Hi all,

We are attempting to link up two Solaris 2.3 networks via PPP and we are
running into some problems.  The link initialy comes up and we are able to ping
both sides for about 30 seconds or so and then nothing.  Does anyone have a
clue what could be hapening? We are stumped here.

Thanx,

- Steve
 Always going where no one has gone before...

2. NEED HELP!!! Sound Problems

3. HELP: Solaris 2.3 <---> Solaris 2.3 PPP link Problems

4. getting software

5. ARM Applications for Solaris 2.3

6. popclient trouble

7. audio under solaris 2.3

8. Viper 770 TNT2 Ultra: which driver?

9. Audio problem on SS5 with Solaris 2.3.

10. Audio cd-player for Solaris 2.3

11. recording audio SPARC 10, Solaris 2.3

12. X applications under solaris 2.3

13. Semaphores with MT applications in Solaris 2.3