why doesn't ufsrestore fix mangled ld.so.1 ???

why doesn't ufsrestore fix mangled ld.so.1 ???

Post by rogerd.. » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:18:23

I've resigned to do a reinstall but I'm curious...

 I "newfs"ed each partition then did a ufsrestore on each...
The box ran for a week, then died again w/the same errors.

 Seeing lots of posts w/similar problems w/the ld.so.1.

Why didn't the ufsrestore fix it?

Is there a virus going 'round?

 -curious

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Mon, 11 Sep 2000 14:00:02

|I've resigned to do a reinstall but I'm curious...
|
| I "newfs"ed each partition then did a ufsrestore on each...
|The box ran for a week, then died again w/the same errors.
|
| Seeing lots of posts w/similar problems w/the ld.so.1.
|
|Why didn't the ufsrestore fix it?

If your box was able to run for a week then you had to have a working
ld.so.1.  Are you sure nothing you're doing or in a cron job is killing
it?

1. ufsrestore... doesn't. Why ?

We are trying to restore a directory that was dumped to tape with
ufsdump.  We are using ufsrestore to do it.  In interactive mode, ufsrestore
begins restoring the directory from tape, but then starts to produce
error messages regarding "filename too long" etc.  It fails to restore
the listed files and then... Segmentation Fault/Core dump.

We've got Solaris_2.3.  Anyone ever seen this before ?  Are we missing a
patch to ufsrestore or something ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you, Ralph Osborne

2. old stuff with 2.0

3. Why doesn't somebody fix who?

4. What is GNOME for??

5. Why doesn't Redhat fix it ??????

6. Weird problems: Masqued machines work, Masq server can't.

7. iptables doesn't support mangle table

8. Interface names.

9. Why won't ld traverse it's "standard" path?

10. Why doesn't sed 's/$/^M/' work as expected?

11. why doesn't 'tar' work?

12. Why doesn't reboot do a 'swapoff -a' ????

13. Why: perl -e <<'EOF' doesn't work (bash)