LDAP between Windows2000 ActiveDirectory and Solaris8

LDAP between Windows2000 ActiveDirectory and Solaris8

Post by Burkhard Kiese » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:01:45

Hi,

I'm new with LDAP and I try to establish a LDAP connection between
Windows2000 ActiveDirectory and Solaris8.
What I really need is the passwd via LDAP. The server should be Windows
2000.

Is there anyone, which uses this type of connection ?
Is there a short cookbook available ?
For LDAP, is there anything necessary to install on Windows2000 ?
I got a recommendation for openldap as a LDAP solution, is this ok ?

Regards

Burkhard Kiesel

LDAP between Windows2000 ActiveDirectory and Solaris8

Post by Joe Blogg » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:31:03

Quote:> Hi,

> I'm new with LDAP and I try to establish a LDAP connection between
> Windows2000 ActiveDirectory and Solaris8.
> What I really need is the passwd via LDAP. The server should be Windows
> 2000.

> Is there anyone, which uses this type of connection ?
> Is there a short cookbook available ?
> For LDAP, is there anything necessary to install on Windows2000 ?
> I got a recommendation for openldap as a LDAP solution, is this ok ?

Solaris and LDAP Naming Services: Deploying LDAP in the Enterprise :-

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130306789/qid=1024558200/sr=2...
3140482-6265718

Post by Birger Blix » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:38:07

> > Hi,

> > I'm new with LDAP and I try to establish a LDAP connection between
> > Windows2000 ActiveDirectory and Solaris8.
> > What I really need is the passwd via LDAP. The server should be Windows
> > 2000.

> > Is there anyone, which uses this type of connection ?
> > Is there a short cookbook available ?
> > For LDAP, is there anything necessary to install on Windows2000 ?
> > I got a recommendation for openldap as a LDAP solution, is this ok ?

> Solaris and LDAP Naming Services: Deploying LDAP in the Enterprise :-

> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130306789/qid=1024558200/sr=2...
> 3140482-6265718

Please !!!
Put a long url inside <> , like this:
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0130306789/qid=1024558200/sr=2...>

At least my browser need it to keep the url intact.

/bb

1. LILO: dual Windows2000/Windows2000 ?

I need to have a dual-boot machine, where I can maintain two different
environments.  On one hard drive I will boot into my business
environment.  And then another environment for home/entertainment use
that the kids can use without endangering my work stuff.  I have two
hard drives, and I want to set up each one with its own Windows 2000
installation.

I don't know how to properly configure a boot-loader to make it
possible to choose the environment at boot time.

Can/should I use LILO to do this?  If so, what do I do?  If not, what
should I use?

Thanks,
mike

2. Ftape & kernel 1.2.13

3. LDAP in solaris8

4. ppp problem after connection

5. ldap client pre solaris8

6. Can I repair an e2fs superblock?

7. LDAP-Sync between W2kAD and Solaris8

8. GNU make vs nmake comparisons sought

9. LDAP for Solaris8 on i386

10. Matrox Mystique ands X.

11. C++ app built on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07 crashes on Solaris8 Generic_108528-07

12. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

13. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server