OK I would like to buy solaris for X86 but where.

OK I would like to buy solaris for X86 but where.

Post by Pogy Kurniaw » Thu, 07 Oct 1993 17:59:35

Up here in Canada, our sun reps are clueless. I asked several of them
who would see Solaris for X86 (Educational Discount) and they just hmmm
and hawed. In the end they did now know. I expect this from IBM, and AT&T
but not the might SUN. OK guys does someone (nice person) out there
want to give me the lowdown on how and howmuch I can expect to fork out
for X86 Solaris.

thanks
pk

1. Solaris 2.5 x86 ----> He who likes only scsi ???

Hi All,
     I'm trying to install Solaris 2.5 on a Intel machine (well, its SONY
PCV-90)  a P200 machine.  Most of the stuff in it pretty much IDE except the
scis for my scsi CDROm.  Now, when I booted with the boot floppy, it runs
the init and doesn't find anything (scsi bios not install type of error
message) except for , you guessed it, the scsi adapter.   That's it?  It
doesn't work on a regualr cheap non scsi intel machine? Bummer!

I don't think I I'm gonna get a machine full of scsi stuff now just for this
(can't afford it either) .  But always wanted to checkout solaris ;(
Oh well, I will just wake away wearing my Red Hat ;-))

Thanks for any pointer if it is possible and I'm not doing something right.

Can you dual boot Solaris with linux?

l8r

2. Q: Ethernet: Configuring with AT1500

3. Likes to buy Ultra5/Ultra10

4. Knode frustrations

5. I want to buy Solaris x86 in Sweden

6. Linux Training Courses

7. Where to buy Solaris x86 Application Server?

8. how to find the byte count of ip packets

9. Where to buy Corel WordPerfect (Suite 7) for Solaris 2.5.1 x86 ?

10. Can I Buy Solaris 2.5 fot x86 ???

11. Need to buy a X86 Solaris 7 system

12. What modem/sound card to buy for Solaris on x86?

13. Which Pentium Laptop to buy for Solaris 2.4 (x86)?