AVI Player for solaris??

Post by Robert Ulme » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

Hi There!

Is there any avi player for solaris, that runs on not so fast sparc
stations too ?

Robert
--
*
*

AVI Player for solaris??

Post by Rich Tee » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

> This is included in the Office 97 for Solaris CD-ROM. I think an earlier
> version is in the free "Video for XWindows" distribution. Check out
> Microsoft's FTP server

>   ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/video/solaris

We don't need nosteekin' M$ *here!  Try downloading xanim from
xanim.va.pubnix.com, or even Sun's Show Me TV, from their web site.

M$ have done enough damage to the computing industry by screwing up
peecees - let's not let them do the same to UNIX!

--
Rich Teer

NT tries to do almost everything UNIX does, but fails.

If it ain't analogue, it ain't music.

Voice: +1 (250) 763 6205
WWW: www.rite-group.com

AVI Player for solaris??

Post by John Weekle » Thu, 20 May 1999 04:00:00

> >Hi There!

> >Is there any avi player for solaris, that runs on not so fast sparc
> >stations too ?

> This is included in the Office 97 for Solaris CD-ROM. I think an earlier
> version is in the free "Video for XWindows" distribution. Check out
> Microsoft's FTP server

>   ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/video/solaris

> I also recall an Indeo Codec that runs on Sparc processors. It should be
> on the Intel site --- not sure exactly where.

> I think you need at least a Sparcstation LX to get 30 fps CIF video.
> My Sparc 2 is limited to 15 fps tops. Although, for some strange reason, I
> get 30 fps when I play the AVI of Elvis' recent Kosovo benefit concert
> that's been circulating the net.

> ;-)

Evil, I like it.  You must have trained at the feet of the bofh himself ;)

John Weekley