Solaris 9, bash SFW top Terminal Problem

Solaris 9, bash SFW top Terminal Problem

Post by Peter Meise » Sun, 30 May 2004 08:37:56

When running top like 'top 100' where the number gives the number of
processes to be displayed - it says:

top: warning: this terminal can only display 85 processes.

I am using bash and TERM=xterm or TERM=vt100 doesn't change anything.

I also did an 'unset LINES' - nothing changed.

What can I do?

Thanks.

Peter.

Post by Dave Uhrin » Sun, 30 May 2004 08:45:11

> When running top like 'top 100' where the number gives the number of
> processes to be displayed - it says:

> top: warning: this terminal can only display 85 processes.

Use a smaller font.

Post by slr » Sun, 30 May 2004 09:02:20

>When running top like 'top 100' where the number gives the number of
>processes to be displayed - it says:

>top: warning: this terminal can only display 85 processes.

>I am using bash and TERM=xterm or TERM=vt100 doesn't change anything.

>I also did an 'unset LINES' - nothing changed.

>What can I do?

Make sure your terminal displays that many line, ie. 106 lines to get
100 from top? (stty rows 106 to set your terminal for 106) or just do
top 25, 35, etc. until it fills up your current terminal.

--
 slrn is a command line newsreader.
 please reply, to the newsgroup(s).

Solaris 9, bash SFW top Terminal Problem

Post by Jim Maur » Sun, 30 May 2004 09:35:24

Use prstat(1)

/jim

> When running top like 'top 100' where the number gives the number of
> processes to be displayed - it says:

> top: warning: this terminal can only display 85 processes.

> I am using bash and TERM=xterm or TERM=vt100 doesn't change anything.

> I also did an 'unset LINES' - nothing changed.

> What can I do?

> Thanks.

> Peter.

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. high waitstate ???

3. solaris 9 12/02's sfw/emacs -- problems, anyone?

4. SCO versus Linux kernel size

5. a bash/top problem---env problem?

6. rwhod errors

7. solaris-9: /opt/sfw/bin/lynx wants libncurses.so.5; OOPS, not there

8. Slack 7.1 won't recognize PS2 mouse

9. Sharing SFW directory over NFS w/solaris 9

10. /usr/sfw/bin/gmake - what Solaris installation?

11. SOLARIS 8 /opt/sfw

12. solaris zones on top of vlans (801.1q) on top of sun trunking?

13. Squid Setting IP Forward (Top Top Top Urgent)