psradm and reboot

Post by Jo » Sun, 28 Sep 2003 04:06:37

I can't seem to find this answer in the archives.

I have diabled four CPUs using psradm.  My question is will these CPUs
still be disabled after a reboot?

Thankyou

Joe

psradm and reboot

Post by Darren Dunha » Sun, 28 Sep 2003 05:17:57

> I can't seem to find this answer in the archives.
> I have diabled four CPUs using psradm.  My question is will these CPUs
> still be disabled after a reboot?

No.  psradm works on the running system and does not save any state to
the disk.  The next boot will start all CPUs that the OBP reveals.

psradm and reboot

Post by Shiv Agarwa » Sun, 19 Oct 2003 05:50:46

No.

psradm changes the cpu properties from operating system perspective, once the OS is rebooted u have everything fresh.

> I can't seem to find this answer in the archives.

> I have diabled four CPUs using psradm.  My question is will these CPUs
> still be disabled after a reboot?

> Thankyou

> Joe

1. Are changes made with psradm persistent across reboot?

I have marked a number of CPUs in a machine no-intr using psradm.
I can't see that this has changed anything on disk anywhere, so I am
slightly worried that this change will not persist across a reboot.

Will it?  I am running Solaris 10, and the manuals are drawing a blank.
If not, is there a canonical place to put this initialisation?

Ceri
--
That must be wonderful!  I don't understand it at all.
                                                  -- Moliere

2. i386 machine_restart unsafe in interrupt context

3. Matrox Mystique ands X.

4. ypbind problem

5. reboot error reboot error reboot error

6. New MBR

7. Compaq 6000 reboots and reboots and reboots

8. Asynchronous net sockets

9. psradm -f takes flaky cpu offline?

10. Some info regarding psradm ....

11. PC does not reboot after `shutdown -r now/reboot'

12. server reboot, client can't umount w/o reboot - help!

13. system reboot (was: crontab script reboot)