OpenLDAP or SUN ONE DS5.2 HOW-TO updated with sudo+LDAP and apache+LDAP info

OpenLDAP or SUN ONE DS5.2 HOW-TO updated with sudo+LDAP and apache+LDAP info

Post by Gary Tay Teng Tec » Sun, 29 May 2005 10:25:55

On top of instructions of setting up "TLS"+simple bind, "automount" LDAP
maps and "netgroup" LDAP maps, I have added instructions of setting up
centralized sudo LDAP maps and using LDAP Authentication with Apache.

http://web.singnet.com.sg/~garyttt/

Gary

1. SUN LDAP, Netscape LDAP (SUN), OPENLDAP, which one?????

I have been told that SUN has an LDAP server. They also seen to be
selling the Netscape version. We are running an old copy from
Netscape. We need to move this off an AIX box to a SUN. Is the SUN
product any better than the Netscape release? Will Sun dump their code
over Netscape, i.e. does Sun have a history of doing this?  What about
OpenLdap? Is this worth messing with? We would like software support,

2. linuxppc boot

3. LDAP over SSL using OpenLDAP/OpenSSL/Cyrus SASL with Netscape's LDAP server

4. CDROM Eject problem

5. compiling PHP on Solaris with LDAP, but not SUN ldap

6. RedHat 7.2

7. Compiling Apache-2.0.35 with LDAP modules (httpd-ldap)

8. Integrated history logging or seperate?

9. NIS v/s LDAP and LDAP compatible to pre-Solaris 8

10. question on ldap/postfix/ease of use for end users regarding ldap

11. LDAP, fnaddr, X.500 to LDAP issues

12. URIs/LDAP/REWRITE -> dispatching request depending on LDAP ATTRIBUTES

13. Cyrus + LDAP - LDAP Config?