Data recovery service recommendation.

Post by Ernest Ki » Thu, 29 Mar 2001 03:57:03

I feel like a fool.  A hard drive that I thought was being backed up
wasn't.  Now it has crashed, and I need to get the data off of it.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a data recovery service.

The hard drive was part of a Sun DiskSuite stripe.  So some place that
has had some experience with DiskSuite disk arrays would be nice.

-Ernie

1. Recommendation for Pushing Files to My Disaster Recovery Site

Hi There,

Looking for recommendations for pushing files to my disaster recovery
site.

I have two Ultra-1s on both end of a 512K frame-relay WAN.  I tried to
rcp a 400MB tar save-set, and several times I got a "connection lost"
message.  I contacted the provider to check for framing errors just in
case.

What I need to know is rcp graceful enough to handle networks not
responding (say for a few milliseconds) or should I do it some other
way.  Man pages indicate cpio may have some promise, but I would
appreciate any BTDT.

TAB,
Kevin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Got free Linux CD's -- don't know how to use 'em

3. CTR book (report) on disaster recovery -- recommendations?

4. Video card TV-out

5. Commercial "rm -rf" recovery services for EXT2?

6. SCO UNIX COMPILED SOFTWARE

7. Need Disk Recovery Service

8. xterm and mouse - problem?

9. Commercial "rm -rf" recovery services for EXT2?

10. Disk Recovery Services??

11. HELP: Tape data recovery

12. Data recovery

13. Data Recovery