Several keyboards on a Sparc Server 1000 ?

Several keyboards on a Sparc Server 1000 ?

Post by thorbjorn willo » Tue, 28 Dec 1993 21:07:43

We have a Sparc Server 1000 with two system cards running Solaris
2.3. Now I have put two GX cards in it, and two keyboards. I have
manged to use both screens with the main keyboard under openwindow
(using -dev /dev/cgsix1:/dev/cgsix:0), but the second keyboard is not
useful for anything.

Is it possible to utilize several keyboards on one Sparc Server 1000 ?
And how?

What I hope is to have each keyboard be associated with a screen, and
having several people running X sessions directly on the machine.

--
Thorbj?rn Willoch                      | Schlumberger Geco-Prakla
Phone: +47-67575548                     | Jongs?svn 4

1. 1 SPARC 1000, or several 20's

My company recently purchased a SPARC 1000 with 2 CPU's (not
sure which speed, possibly 60MHz), 128 megs of RAM and
several gigs of disk.  They plan to run Sybase on it, as well
as have 6 or so C/C++ programmers doing development.

I had suggested giving the C/C++ programmers SPARC 20's or
at least Solaris x86 on their desktops and use NFS.
They want to give the developers Windows PC's with a PC X server,
The development being done is pretty involved, including socket
stuff, rpc, and X/Motif.

I cannot convince them, and am starting to worry if it's just
me.  What does everyone else think?  How do (or would) you set
this up?

Thanks,

Joe

2. linux with win'95 on 504mb limitation disk

3. Sparc Server 1000 slow to move memory

4. UFS and ext2

5. Unexpected errno from socket call on SPARC 1000 server

6. Xircom PCMCIA Adapter Support?

7. automount problems with patch 101945-29 on sparc server 1000

8. password validation

9. console & sun sparc server 1000

10. Sparc Server 1000 crashes with vn_rele: vnode ref count 0

11. RUNNING WABI FROM SPARC 1000 SERVER

12. Sparc Server 1000 HUNG?

13. SUN SPARC Server 1000 problem