bad PBR sig .. error

Post by á?á¤? » Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:24:23

Hi everyone ^^
I have installed Solaris 8 - x86 version in my pc.
My pc have two harddisk, and I have installed Solaris at
secondary harddisk. (Primary is windows 98)
And I swich OS through CMOS boot disk change.

It goes well, but yesterday I tried to boot solaris,
"bad PBR sig" error ocuured and  I coudn't boot solaris.

Through CD-rom booting, I commnaded 'format' and checked
partition table. Because patition table was clear, I reset partition
table from copy. But It did not work and "bad PBR sig" occured.

How can I recovery without reinstall?
(Seconday disk have another patition for extended DOS.)

Thanks.
dyo.

1. "Bad PBR sig" ,Install Solaris 8 Error.

I install Solaris 8 on DELL 2400, From CDROM.

But when it reboot after complete the installation of the first CD,

it appears a piece of RED message "Bad PBR sig",

we examed the partions , that's all OK.

What can I do then.

2. Xfree86 Help Needed!

3. Bad PBR sig?

4. FS not clean

5. help boot message BAD PBR SIG

6. ndd for scsi?

7. install Solaris8i on x86 (Bad PBR sig)

8. RedHat 7.0 on Digital PWS 500a

9. Why "Bad PBR sig" occurs?

10. BAD PBR Sig ???????????

11. bad pbr sig