Solaris 2.5 PPP

Post by Toni Viemer » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Is there somewhere easy installation guide on setting up a
PPP -server under Solaris 2.5

our system :
xxxx:/usr/sbin>uname -a
SunOS xxxx.fi 5.5 Generic_103093-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

We're connected on a leased line (2Mbit/s) and need a PPP dialup
connection for server remote maintenance (with callback).

//toni

Solaris 2.5 PPP

Post by Joe Guderjo » Thu, 24 Apr 1997 04:00:00

toni,

Try: http://digital.net/~dcb/ppp.html

                  &

      http://www.stokely.com/stokely/

It does work.

Good Luck,

Joe

Quote:> Is there somewhere easy installation guide on setting up a
> PPP -server under Solaris 2.5

> our system :
> xxxx:/usr/sbin>uname -a
> SunOS xxxx.fi 5.5 Generic_103093-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-1

> We're connected on a leased line (2Mbit/s) and need a PPP dialup
> connection for server remote maintenance (with callback).

> //toni

1. Connecting Win 95 PPP to Solaris 2.5 PPP

What is the setup to configure Win 95 Dialer to connect
to solaris 2.5 PPP.

I can dial using hyperterminal,login as my normal username and password
and I get a login shell.

If I try the ppp user login which runs /usr/sbin/aspppls...

If I monitor the port on the sun using tip cuaa

I get alot off garbage and Win 95 errors and says that the
protcol on the other end is not compatible and suggests that
I change the server settings and try again???

Please Help!!!

2. HELP: PCI Mach64 different than VLB one?!?!?

3. help with Solaris 2.5 PPP (point me to a good tutorial)

4. USB ADSL modem

5. Solaris 2.5 PPP error

6. MC and Konsole => segfault

7. Solaris 2.5 PPP and Win95 PAP/CHAP Question

8. Backing up Novell server via NEXTSTEP NetWare client?

9. Problems with Solaris 2.5 PPP and DP 4.0 (Please read this)

10. Solaris 2.5 PPP on Sparc LX.

11. Solaris 2.5 PPP Configuration

12. Solaris 2.5 PPP does not know when modem disconnects!

13. Solaris 2.5 PPP -> Shiva Lanover Woes ....