dos floppy on solaris

Post by Joe Manzell » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

I have always been able to copy dos floppys on SCO-unix with the doscp
command is there an equivalent for solaris and if there is would it work on
interactive unix ?
Thanks or the help

dos floppy on solaris

Post by peter holme » Mon, 31 May 1999 04:00:00

> I have always been able to copy dos floppys on SCO-unix with the doscp
> command is there an equivalent for solaris and if there is would it work on
> interactive unix ?
> Thanks or the help

If you're running vanilla Solaris, slap your floppy disk in the disk
drive and run volcheck.  At that point vold will mount the floppy on
/floppy/floppy0 for you and you can do cp, mv or whatever you want.  To
kick it out, type "eject floppy".  Hope this helps.

Peter