Running Answerbook on Solaris 2.3 with Motif Window Manager

Running Answerbook on Solaris 2.3 with Motif Window Manager

Post by Saad Muf » Sat, 27 Aug 1994 05:05:08

Hi,

I'm using a mchine running Solaris 2.3 with the Motif Window Manager. The
Answerbook runs the navigator component correctly, but fails when you try to
display a document. It just sits there for a while and then pops a dialog saying
"Failed to start docviewer". It runs fine if I use the Open Look Window Manager.

Any help in avoiding this problem would be highly appreciated.

-------------------------
Saad Mufti
Personal Library Software

Post by Randy F » Wed, 31 Aug 1994 22:52:47

: Hi,

: I'm using a mchine running Solaris 2.3 with the Motif Window Manager. The
: Answerbook runs the navigator component correctly, but fails when you try to
: display a document. It just sits there for a while and then pops a dialog saying
: "Failed to start docviewer". It runs fine if I use the Open Look Window Manager.

Patch #101495 fixed this for me.
Randy Fay, Evolving Systems, Inc, 8000 E. Maplewood Ave, Englewood,CO 80111