setting link speed/mode for eri interface?

setting link speed/mode for eri interface?

Post by Andrew Zhilenk » Sat, 28 Apr 2001 15:21:44

Hello!

I cannot just do "ndd -set /dev/eri link_mode 1", since that
parameter (as well as adv_autoneg_cap) is read-only. How
can I change those parameters then?

WBR, Andrew
--
Andrew Zhilenko, AZ283-RIPE
System Manager

see Disclaimer http://www.nextra.cz/disclaimer/

Post by Alan Coopersmit » Tue, 01 May 2001 06:04:51

|I cannot just do "ndd -set /dev/eri link_mode 1", since that
|parameter (as well as adv_autoneg_cap) is read-only. How
|can I change those parameters then?

The eri documentation at

on what paramaters you can change and how to configure them.

1. using dhcp to set interface speed/mode

Hi,

I'm jumpstarting boxes using a in.dhcpd on a solaris
box. I can get the client to talk to the server, get
the jumpstart vendor params back to the client and
have the client install start.

My problem is that when I put "dhcp" in my syscfgid
file the box goes back to the dhcp server, gets the
ip again and promptly falls over because the
interface tries to autoneg on a port hard-coded to
100fdx. Is there a way I can set the interface to be
100fdx either in the sysidcfg file or as a parameter
passed across by in.dhcpd?

Thanks in advance,

--
Ben Fitzgerald
Registered Linux user number 339435

2. Question about CC software (Solaris 2.5.1 Server)

3. Link Speed & Link Mode

4. HELP: "md_thread" what is it?

5. set network interface to promiscous mode set with ioctl

6. SuperPage experimental support for Linux/sparc64 added

7. How to determine speed and mode of ethernet interface

8. Linux Kqueue Equivalent ?

9. eri interface

10. Help: Weird netstat -i results with new "eri" ethernet interface

11. Sunfire V120, ipfilter, NAT and eri interfaces

12. interfaces speed and mode

13. Link Speed & Duplex Mode