Where to purchase Solaris x86

Post by Chris Jone » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I have called around (Toronto) and I can't seem to find a retail outlet for
Solarix for the PC?

Where to purchase Solaris x86

Post by Sean P. Galvi » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

You can order it from the Sun site on the internet.

I think that it's about $40 including delivery.

Basically they are charging for the media.

Regards

Sean

>I have called around (Toronto) and I can't seem to find a retail outlet for
>Solarix for the PC?

Where to purchase Solaris x86

Post by Joe Durusa » Thu, 18 Feb 1999 04:00:00

www.sun.com

Speaking only for myself,

Joe Durusau

> I have called around (Toronto) and I can't seem to find a retail outlet for
> Solarix for the PC?

Where to purchase Solaris x86

Post by Mark » Fri, 19 Feb 1999 04:00:00

If you want Solaris for yourself, it's $9.95 + Shipping (5 dollars) and you
can order it online.  http://www.sun.com/solaris/freesolaris.html

Otherwise you can just go to the Sun store and buy it.  They are the same
exact thing, but when you order the free version you agree to only use it
for educational and personal purposes.

1. Purchasing a Solaris x86 system

Hi everyone,

        I am getting ready to buy a PC (probably a 486) so I can run
some Windows applications. I also want this PC to be able to flexboot to
Solaris 2.4. Can someone send me a copy of the compatibility sheet for
Solaris 2.4 on x86 platforms? How much is a stand-alone copy of Solaris
2.4 worth these days? If I buy a stand-alone, do I also get all the
network related software ?

        Thanks for the help.

        Themos

2. Which kernel source to use? - THANKS

3. purchase of solaris x86

4. KDevelop xerces problem: undefined reference

5. Evaluation pointers: x86-Solaris vs x86-NT vs SPARC-Solaris

6. How to update/change graphics drv after install?

7. Solaris x86 or not to Solaris x86?

8. PLIP and Win95, anyone?

9. Benchmarks x86 Solaris vs Linux and Solaris 2.6 x86 vs sparc

10. Solaris x86 should use HLT instruction / was: Re: solaris x86 7 as guest?

11. Purchasing a SUN Sparc to learn Solaris

12. Where to purchase Solaris for Intel in Australia?

13. Where to purchase HP,Sun Solaris and AIX machines