ISO: CDE calendar manager to vcalendar output

ISO: CDE calendar manager to vcalendar output

Post by lvir.. » Fri, 20 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Anyone know of a tool that takes your dtcm database and turns it into
a vcalendar file?
--

Post by Michael Piotrowsk » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 07:02:21

> Anyone know of a tool that takes your dtcm database and turns it into
> a vcalendar file?

Sorry, I don't know of anything ready-made, but (and you may have
already waited for me to say so ;-) it should be fairly easy to build
such a tool using the Perl Calendar::CSA module.  Since both dtcm and
vCalendar are based on the XAPIA CSA standard, most of what you had to
do would probably be just formatting.

Unfortunately, there still isn't much documentation for Calendar::CSA.
What I could offer to anyone interested would be a small example
program which shows how to extract appointment events; the information
extracted (type, subtype, start date, end date, repeat info, and
summary) might already be sufficient for constructing a basic
vCalendar object.  Contact me if you're interested.

Greetings

--

Post by Adam Ste » Sat, 21 Oct 2000 04:00:00

>> Anyone know of a tool that takes your dtcm database and turns it into
>> a vcalendar file?

> Sorry, I don't know of anything ready-made, but (and you may have
> already waited for me to say so ;-) it should be fairly easy to build
> such a tool using the Perl Calendar::CSA module.  Since both dtcm and
> vCalendar are based on the XAPIA CSA standard, most of what you had to
> do would probably be just formatting.

> Unfortunately, there still isn't much documentation for Calendar::CSA.
> What I could offer to anyone interested would be a small example
> program which shows how to extract appointment events; the information
> extracted (type, subtype, start date, end date, repeat info, and
> summary) might already be sufficient for constructing a basic
> vCalendar object.  Contact me if you're interested.

I have a program "wcal" available that makes use of the Calendar::CSA module
if you want to see how to use it to read CDE calendars.  "wcal" is a Perl
program that allows people to view CDE calendars thru the web.  You can
find "wcal" on my software page at:

        http://www.csh.rit.edu/~adam/Progs/programs.html

--

Disclaimer: Any/All views expressed
here have been proved to be my own.   [http://www.csh.rit.edu/~adam/]

1. ISO: SUPPORTED calendar server accessible by Outlook and CDE dtcm

I am searching for a groupware product which would permit a site with
a mix of Outlook users and CDE users to share one appointment calendar
repository.

The iPlanet Calendar Server looks great but appears to have little
support from the vendor.  A similar product, with responsive support
teams, would be the best fit.

Pointers to either free or commercial offerings would be appreciated.

Thank you.
--

2. Shutdown errors with 6.0. Help!

3. Solaris 2.5 CDE calendar manager security

4. Modify hostid (uname -i) of HP-UX System?

5. Calendar Manager, File Manager, and Screenblank

6. wlan nic won't be eth0

7. ISO ISO ISO ISO HELP

8. problem with ethernet card 3Com 900

9. WebEvent 3.04 released - Web Calendar, CGI Calendar, WWW Calendar

10. file manager/application manager fail CDE 1.02

11. converting to CDE calendar

12. moving cde calendar

13. converting to CDE calendar