Solstice Backup - Restore without Indexes ?

Solstice Backup - Restore without Indexes ?

Post by Walter Dorninge » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi Solaris Gurus,

I have a question on Solstice Backup 5.x

I had a system crash and restored the bad disk (root file system) (I had
mirrored disks) The only problem is that I lost some files that were not
mirrored. So I tried to restore them from the tape but the indices from
Solstice Backup are gone.

So my question:
Is it possible to restore a Solstice Backup without having the indices - or
rebuild the indices based on the content of the tape ?

Thanks a lot
Walter

Solstice Backup - Restore without Indexes ?

Post by Walter Dorninge » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Hi Solaris Gurus,

I have a question on Solstice Backup 5.x

I had a system crash and restored the bad disk (root file system) (I had
mirrored disks) The only problem is that I lost some files that were not
mirrored. So I tried to restore them from the tape but the indices from
Solstice Backup are gone.

So my question:
Is it possible to restore a Solstice Backup without having the indices - or
rebuild the indices based on the content of the tape ?

Thanks a lot
Walter

Solstice Backup - Restore without Indexes ?

Post by sunmicro.. » Sat, 14 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> So my question:
> Is it possible to restore a Solstice Backup without having the indices
- or
> rebuild the indices based on the content of the tape ?

You can use nwadmin to do a saveset recover and either recover the whole
saveset or if you know the path to the file you want, specify it.

You can use mmrecov to recover you indexes, however, everything you
backed up between the recovered index and present will  ot be in the

-Jay

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Solstice Backup - Restore without Indexes ?

Post by LETHUI » Wed, 22 Nov 2000 04:00:00

New users can't login to one of my server . The cause is that freed ttys
are not re-used for  new connections. Some  users use Exceed.
I add  more ttys in /etc/system and reboot my server but the problem is not
really solved..

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

1. Solstice Backup-Restore without Indexes?

Hi Solaris Gurus,

I have a question on Solstice Backup 5.x

I had a system crash and restored the bad disk (root file system) (I had
mirrored disks) The only problem is that I lost some files that were not
mirrored. So I tried to restore them from the tape but the indices from
Solstice Backup are gone.

So my question:
Is it possible to restore a Solstice Backup without having the indices - or
rebuild the indices based on the content of the tape ?

Thanks a lot
Walter

2. Matrox MGA Impression Plus

3. Solstice Backup 5.5.1 doesn't save index to tape

4. Stealth64 2M DRAM and Nokia 447E anyone --HELP PLEASE

5. how to change index path in solstice backup 4.2?

6. Problem installing WindowMaker in Mdk 7.2...

7. 2.5.1 Sparc/solstice backup 4.1.2 - rebuilding file index?

8. TLI vs SOCKET ?? Can TLI replace SOCKET for networking code?

9. How to restore an incremental backup made with gnu tar (without timestamp like named dirs) ?

10. Help! Need to restore without backup

11. How to backup HA cluster using Solstice Backup?

12. Solstice Backup 5.1 / DMO 2.1/Oracle 8.1.5: Tape backup failed : Need of 5.5 Upgrade ?

13. Solstice Backup (4.2.x): to run a script before/after backup