Anti - eject command?

Post by Tom Dyes » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 05:39:27

All,

    This is a supid question and doesn't really matter but I'm curious.
Since eject will eject a cdrom tray, is there a command to close the tray
after it's been opened?

Thanks,
Tom
www.OraclePower.com

1. Error while ejecting cd-rom with eject command...

I have an EIDE generic (I think it's mitsumi)
4xCD-rom drive and no matter who ejects it, be it a user
or root, with the eject command I get an error message:
eject: inquiry ioctl error: Operation not permitted

It still ejects the CD-ROM but what does this error mean
exactly?  A friend of mine says his does the same thing.

--
    Gunther Dragon --=(UDIC)=-- John Wiggins

2. Help: ld chokes on _dlopen, _dlclose, _dlsym

3. Problem ejecting CD wtih "eject"

4. find files

5. Command for ejecting diskette in Solaris

6. Drivers for Compaq's Fiber Channel Host Controller?

7. command to eject 8mm tape?

8. so_reuseport = protocol not availble

9. solaris 2.6 command to eject tape

10. Eject command in IRIX 4.0.5H for a 3.5" floppy

11. Eject tape command

12. command to eject cd rom

13. cdrom eject command