.tz files

Post by Just Another Miserable So » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

I've got a problem that needs to be solved urgently, and I hope you
guys out there can help.  I've just received several .tz files that I
urgently need to uncompress for an upgrade to my software on my Unix
machine (running Solaris 2.5).   I was wondering if anyone has the
tzip software (the executables) that they can send me?  I've searched
for tzip on the net and all I could find was the source file.  As I
don't have the "c" compiler on my Unix, I can't really compile the
source files. I'd appreciate if any of you out there, has got the
executable version of tzip or know where I can get hold of one, can
e-mail me with the information.

Thanks in advance.
p.s as I don't check the newsgroup often, could you please e-mail me

Mabel

House-warming Party  : http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/5167
Teddy Bears are better than your partner because......
Only once in a blue moon will a Teddy Bear break your heart!! :-(

.tz files

Post by Will Smi » Wed, 18 Feb 1998 04:00:00

|>I've got a problem that needs to be solved urgently, and I hope you
|>guys out there can help.  I've just received several .tz files that I
|>urgently need to uncompress for an upgrade to my software on my Unix
|>machine (running Solaris 2.5).   I was wondering if anyone has the
|>tzip software (the executables) that they can send me?  I've searched
|>for tzip on the net and all I could find was the source file.  As I
|>don't have the "c" compiler on my Unix, I can't really compile the
|>source files. I'd appreciate if any of you out there, has got the
|>executable version of tzip or know where I can get hold of one, can
|>e-mail me with the information.

it looks to me like you might have suffered Case errors...

try to uncomress the file with ''uncompress".  you should be left with
a tar file....  (these files are usually .tZ or .tar.Z, compared with
gzip's .tgz or .tar.gz)....

hope this helps.

---
William Smith
#include <disclaimer.h>
Remove the obvious when sending e-mail...

.tz files

Post by Bill Bisho » Sun, 22 Feb 1998 04:00:00

These probably are just another instance of the .taz files.  First, rename
them to *.tar.Z.  Then uncompress them.  Last, extract the data with tar.
For more information on tar and uncompress, see the man pages.

-B^2
;)

>Hi there,

>I've got a problem that needs to be solved urgently, and I hope you
>guys out there can help.  I've just received several .tz files that I
>urgently need to uncompress for an upgrade to my software on my Unix
>machine (running Solaris 2.5).   I was wondering if anyone has the
>tzip software (the executables) that they can send me?  I've searched
>for tzip on the net and all I could find was the source file.  As I
>don't have the "c" compiler on my Unix, I can't really compile the
>source files. I'd appreciate if any of you out there, has got the
>executable version of tzip or know where I can get hold of one, can
>e-mail me with the information.

>Thanks in advance.
>p.s as I don't check the newsgroup often, could you please e-mail me

>Mabel

>House-warming Party  : http://www.geocities.com/WestHollywood/5167
>Teddy Bears are better than your partner because......
>Only once in a blue moon will a Teddy Bear break your heart!! :-(

1. Editing the TZ file for UTC

I want to change the timezone on my Solaris 10 x86 system to show the
CDE clock as UTC instead of my Local TZ which is Pacific..

Now, I have opened up the /etc/TIMEZONE file and I found the last line
to be as:
TZ=US/Pacific

One question, to change to UTC (or GMT), would I have to edit this like
this?
TZ=UTC
or...
TZ=GMT

Or...is that the wrong way to do it? I know where to go now to change
it, but what is the right way to edit it to UTC?? Is that the correct
way to do it like above?

Also. another related question.

Whenever I do a DATE -U command it comes back as GMT instead of
UTC...Is there a way to change this for making the DATE -U command to
read as UTC instead of GMT? There both the same timezones, but I heard
UTC is used most of the time than GMT..

2. Give the user reboot system authority only

3. Unpacking .TZ files ?

4. Ethernet setup in linux

5. where is the zic source file for TZ=US/Eastern?

6. NFS metering software

7. Dumb newbie mistake setting up TZ and clock

8. Lcp Timeouts---Serial line not 8 bits clean

9. cron, GMT and TZ

10. How do you set global TZ on 2.5.x ?

11. How to set TZ for cron?

12. TZ settings for MET