Packages

Post by Malvin M. Seal » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Can anyone describe to me how Sun Solaris installs packages? I am
looking to understand what goes on behind the "scenes."

Thanks...MMS

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Packages

Post by Mark Colett » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Can anyone describe to me how Sun Solaris installs packages? I am
> looking to understand what goes on behind the "scenes."

> Thanks...MMS

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Take a look at http://www.sunfreeware.com and then the creating packages
page or man pkgadd, pkginfo, pkgmk, pkgparam, pkgproto, pkgtrans, pkgrm
, it should give you all the information you need to know.

Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Why are some packages installed in all zones for Solaris 10, but some packages are not ?

Hi:

We are installing some packages onto a Solaris 10 environment which is
configured with three zones in total.

For some reason, a certain package is always installed in all three zones
(global, zone1, zone2), but the other packages are only installed in the
global zone.

For all packages, we have set:
SUNW_PKG_ALLZONES=false
SUNW_PKG_HOLLOW=false

The command we run (in global zone) is:

# pkgadd -d <whatever> <pkgname>

Our question is:
why is this package installation behaviour different from the other
packages, when everything seems to be the same ?

Thanks
JL

2. Problem using Xterm in Expect script

3. xmstat statistical package package, binaries?

4. Snapscan600 and SANE1.0

5. make package from an installed package

6. ELF documentation

7. how do you remove a package without knowing the package name?

8. Active window in fvwm2-95

9. Redhat 7.3 - how install new packages from the CD package?

10. updating RPM packages with new nonRPM-packages

11. Mutt Package Doesn't Like OpenSSL Package Version

12. embedded filesystem packages & package tools

13. Firewall Packages Softr ware Packages