Samba smbmount for Solaris 2.6 & 8

Post by Lee Johnso » Thu, 27 Nov 2003 00:22:26

Gang,
I need smbmount for these two machines.  I think I may have found it, but
only in source code.  I have no C compilers available to build the product.
Where can I find it already compiled into a package?

Thanks
Lee Johnson

http://www.sunfreeware.com

Samba smbmount for Solaris 2.6 & 8

Post by Barton Fis » Thu, 27 Nov 2003 07:55:32

Quote:> Gang,
> I need smbmount for these two machines.  I think I may have found it, but
> only in source code.  I have no C compilers available to build the
> product.
> Where can I find it already compiled into a package?

smbmount does not work on Solaris, only Linux. There is a third party
product called Sharity and maybe others that offers sort of a form of it.
--
Barton Fisk, SCNA SCSA

Replace NOSPAM with net to reply via email.
---------

1. 2.5.1 -> 2.6 & DiskSuite [Was: Solaris 2.6 & Solstice DiskSuite 4.0]

Could someone please clarify this.  I have a UE2 running 2.5.1 and wish
to upgrade the machine to 2.6 by wiping the interal drives and doing
a fresh install of 2.6.  The machine has 8 external drives that are
configured as pieces of several RAID 0 meta-devices.  I would like to
avoid having to backup and reconfigure these meta-devices.  Is this
possible?  How do I go about upgrading disksuite before hand, and what
does this accomplish?  Thanks for your help.

Chris.

2. Wanted: Xconfig for a Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRam (S3 964)

3. help? Samba & mailtool.info on Solaris 2.6

4. Linux Configuration snapshot utility

5. solaris 2.6 && dbx panic

6. Disabling remote root rlogin

7. Solaris 2.6 & gcc & gated

8. HELP CHILDREN DYING EVERYWHERE!!!!!

9. SS20 & HP-6MP & Solaris 2.6(7) config

10. can't read Solaris 2.6 x86 hard disk on Solaris 2.6 Ultra-1 ?!?

11. Solaris 2.6 Apache & Jserv & mod_rewrite question

12. Upgrade from Solaris 2.6 with Volume Manager 2.6 to Solaris 8 with Volume Manager 3.2

13. cdrecord & Solaris X86 2.6 & Phillips CDD3600