novice question - increasing font size in Netscape

novice question - increasing font size in Netscape

Post by nrf » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 10:35:50

Hello all:

While at my UNIX workstation which I use as a desktop, is there some simple
way to increase the font size in Netscape?

Post by Greg Andre » Sat, 04 Aug 2001 11:19:05

>Hello all:

>While at my UNIX workstation which I use as a desktop, is there some simple
>way to increase the font size in Netscape?

It's in the Edit->Preferences menu.
On the left-hand edge, under the menu item "Appearance",
you should see a couple of sub-menus.  If you don't see
them, click on the triangle next to Appearance.  Click on
the sub-menu labeled "Fonts".

  -Greg
--

I have a map of the United States that's actual size
                 -- Steven Wright

Post by Paul Flo » Mon, 06 Aug 2001 05:48:47

>>Hello all:

>>While at my UNIX workstation which I use as a desktop, is there some simple
>>way to increase the font size in Netscape?

>It's in the Edit->Preferences menu.
>On the left-hand edge, under the menu item "Appearance",
>you should see a couple of sub-menus.  If you don't see
>them, click on the triangle next to Appearance.  Click on
>the sub-menu labeled "Fonts".

You might need to select 'always' as well, for all those crappy sites
that look OK with Windoze Internet Exploder, but have never been tried
with any other OS or browser.

A bientot
Paul
--
Paul Floyd                 http://paulf.free.fr (for what it's worth)

If more is better, are double standards better than single ones?

Post by Joerg Schilli » Mon, 06 Aug 2001 18:47:56

>>It's in the Edit->Preferences menu.
>>On the left-hand edge, under the menu item "Appearance",
>>you should see a couple of sub-menus.  If you don't see
>>them, click on the triangle next to Appearance.  Click on
>>the sub-menu labeled "Fonts".

>You might need to select 'always' as well, for all those crappy sites
>that look OK with Windoze Internet Exploder, but have never been tried
>with any other OS or browser.

Unfortunately this is a UNIX problem! Font sizes _are_ wrong on UNIX
and right on M$.

The question is if there will ever be a fix on font size calculation
for X....

--

novice question - increasing font size in Netscape

Post by James Le » Tue, 07 Aug 2001 18:11:39

Quote:> Unfortunately this is a UNIX problem! Font sizes _are_ wrong on UNIX
> and right on M$.

As HTML specifies font size 3 is as normal in I don't think any OS can be
blamed for the many web sites that use the size 1 and 2 for the majority
of their text. Size 1 is *supposed* to be small. (Unless M$ displays
these all in same size.)

Quote:> The question is if there will ever be a fix on font size calculation
> for X....

I fixed my Netscape by telling X to use 100 dpi fonts, not odd at all
because that's how many dots I have on my screen. Normally it defaults to
75 dpi fonts. e.g. in file /usr/dt/config/Xservers add -dpi 100 the Xsun
parameters.

1. Linux & Netscape: Cannot increase or decrease font size

I have just installed Red Hat Linux ver 6.1.  I opted for the custom
install.  After the installation everything worked fine.  I can start up
Linux, the X-server, and also Netscape Communicator.  However, I am not
able to increase or decrease the font size within Communicator.  E.g.:
when you typically view a Web page, you can use Alt+] or Alt+[ to
increase or decrease the page's displayed font size.  But these options
are grayed out.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciate.  Please be detailed in
your description in how to resolve this problem.

Lastly, I would greatly appreciate it if you could email me your reply
also, please.

Thank you.

Cameron

2. Iomega external USB 80Gb HDD, 3ware RAID CARD... big problems!

3. Increase/Decrease font size under Netscape 4.0x

4. Using a 2.9 package on a 9 installation ?

5. increasing font size in netscape-7.0

6. Install problem r/hat 6.0, missing kerneld

7. NOVICE QUESTION!!: increasing /opt

8. vga=extended in lilo.conf quit working after new kernel

9. increase font size in xterm

10. How to increase font size of nxterm?

11. kmail increase font size

12. How to increase size of normal Emacs/xterm font?

13. Increase/decrease fonts in Netscape 4.07