Internal US Robotics X2 Modem help . . .

Internal US Robotics X2 Modem help . . .

Post by David F. Abne » Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am running Solaris 7 x86 and am having trouble making either uucp or
PPP dial.  However, I can use either tip or cu and complete a manual
ASCII dial out.  When I use
Uutry the modem never responds to the initialization string.  I have
tried the following strings from the /etc/uucp/Dialers file ( hayes ,
usrv32-ec, and usrv32-nec).  I have also tried to hack a string that
will work.  But the problem seems to be that the modem is not receiving
the strings at all when sent from a program such as aspppd or Uutry.  I
would appreciate any ideas on the subject.
Thanks,
Dave

Internal US Robotics X2 Modem help . . .

Post by Madhav Jagannatha » Mon, 16 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I had the same problem, but discovered that by placing the
P_ZERO
and
STTY
settings before the actual modem strings, the problem was solved for me.

For instance, modify the usrv32ec dialer (or, better yet, create an
entirely new dialer
entry) to look like this:
usrv32ec =,-, "" P_ZERO "" STTY=crtscts,crtsxoff "" \dA\PTE1V1X1Q0S2..
CONNECT

(end with CONNECT).

Hope this works for you.

> I am running Solaris 7 x86 and am having trouble making either uucp or
> PPP dial.  However, I can use either tip or cu and complete a manual
> ASCII dial out.  When I use
> Uutry the modem never responds to the initialization string.  I have
> tried the following strings from the /etc/uucp/Dialers file ( hayes ,
> usrv32-ec, and usrv32-nec).  I have also tried to hack a string that
> will work.  But the problem seems to be that the modem is not receiving
> the strings at all when sent from a program such as aspppd or Uutry.  I
> would appreciate any ideas on the subject.
> Thanks,
> Dave

  madhav.vcf
< 1K Download

1. help... U.S. Robotics x2 internal modem...

has anyone successfully installed this modem??? I'm running kernel 2.0.33
under RH 5.0... i set my modem to com2 and irq3 and have run minicom -s to
try and configure it... when i thought i had set it all up i tired to
connect... and it won't talk to my modem... it says that it is initializing
modem... and when that clears on the screen in the bottome right hand corner
it says that it is disconnected... can anyone help or reccomend a driver for
this modem???
thanks in advance

2. stty and kgdb problem

3. US Robotics 56k X2 FAX Modem external.

4. Moving to larger partitions

5. US Robotics 56K x2 modem ... lousy compressed file throughput

6. SUN ProWorks Debugger

7. US Robotics Sportster modem/x2 upgrade and Linux

8. Help: Driver for SMC EtherEZ card?

9. Why my U.S. Robotics v.90/x2 external modem was too slow?

10. US Robotics x2 Modem Sweepstakes Links!

11. US robotics 56K Internal modem help !!

12. US Robotics MODEM Sportster 14.4 Internal

13. US Robotics 56k Voice (internal) modem under Suse Linux 7.2