PPP almost connects

Post by Hann » Mon, 04 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I almost can dial to my ISP with Sol7 x86, I get authenticated, but
don't quite get there.
I get something like this:

^M^JPPP session from (209.134.103.21) to 209.134.103.15 beginning

(several lines of what looks like an established connection)}!}!}!}
{}{}"V3~timed out
close caller (9)
delock line (cua/a)
Call Failed: LOGIN FAILED

Then the link manager exists. The timeout is either 808 seconds or 147
seconds, I have specified inactivity_timeout 0 in asppp.cf also tried
without it.
The Radius files at the ISP's server show that I connected just like
everybody else, disconnection was due to "user request:.
During the time I am "connected", I can't ping the ISP hosts.
I have all the other files, hosts, resolv.conf, nsswitch etc.
configured.
The modem is an external USR Sporster v34 (28.8-33.5). I have set it
up in cua/a as birectional, speed 38400.

Any help appreciated!
Hannu

PPP almost connects

Post by wwil.. » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I was getting the same thing about a week ago on my external USR56K
Sportster.  I changed the modem initialization string in
/etc/uucp/Dialers and after that it worked great.  Maybe you can post
you init string and someone who is using the same type of moem can see
if that's what they have.

        <--Will-->

>I almost can dial to my ISP with Sol7 x86, I get authenticated, but=20
>don't quite get there.
>I get something like this:

>^M^JPPP session from (209.134.103.21) to 209.134.103.15 beginning=20

>(several lines of what looks like an established connection)}!}!}!}
>{}{}"V3~timed out
>close caller (9)
>delock line (cua/a)
>Call Failed: LOGIN FAILED

>Then the link manager exists. The timeout is either 808 seconds or 147=20=

>seconds, I have specified inactivity_timeout 0 in asppp.cf also tried=20=

>without it.
>The Radius files at the ISP's server show that I connected just like=20=

>everybody else, disconnection was due to "user request:.
>During the time I am "connected", I can't ping the ISP hosts.
>I have all the other files, hosts, resolv.conf, nsswitch etc.=20
>configured.
>The modem is an external USR Sporster v34 (28.8-33.5). I have set it=20=

>up in cua/a as birectional, speed 38400.

>Any help appreciated!
>Hannu

1. PPP almost connects.....

Red HAt 4.2, kernel 2.0.30:

Using ezppp1.0b9 to set up my first ppp connection.  I connect to the
ISP (ATT Worldnet) and it prompts me for a username.

When I enter it, It spit back garbage (random jibberish characters) and
never asks me for a password.  Needless to say, I can't get connected.

Is there a certain file I need to modify?  Anyone with experience with
ezppp and/or att worldnet, or just ppp in general that knows what's
wrong, please reply via email or usenet.

thanks in advance
Brian

2. GPM with PS/2 Type Mouse and X

3. PPP almost connecting

4. PDF's and PostScripts

5. Almost PPP-connected??

6. RH73 routes not being deleted

7. Almost connected (drops ppp connection)

8. Sorry

9. Connecting to ISP via PPP - I'm almost there

10. HELP!!! Almost connected...

11. SoundBlaster card almost works... almost.

12. CONTEST !! : Almost LINUX in almost 2Mb

13. Chat script to connect to AT&T Worldnet almost working (drops connection)