Sun reboot command stuck when resolution is 1920x1200x70

Sun reboot command stuck when resolution is 1920x1200x70

Post by Michael Le » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hardware: Sun Ultra 1 with Sun video card 3D creator version 3 and
          Sony 24 inch monitor GDM-W900 connected by 13w3 to 4 BNC
System:   Solaris 2.5.1 (Nov 97)
Problem:  After setting resolution by the command:
            "ffbconfig -dev /dev/fb0 -res 1920x1200x70"
            and rebooting, all is operating ok.
          But - the commands "init 0" or "init 6" get stuck.
            To reboot - I must power off and on.
          Solaris 2.6 gave same results.
            installing patches on both systems has not helped.

Does someone have the experience and knowledge to help ?

Thanks

--
michael

  Software Engineering Dept.         Tel: 972-3-9261436
    Quality & Processes Division             Fax: 972-3-9262567
      Tadiran Telecommunications Ltd.
        P.O.Box 500, Hasivim 18 Petah-Tikva 49104 ISRAEL

1. Reboot command fails, post setup reboot fails

Hi there.

I am having a problem with a number of machines that my company has
bought.  After installing RedHat and Linux attempts to reboot itself,
the reboot fails.  It unmounts the system and gets to the line right
before the reboot should occur, but then it freezes and the reboot
never occurs.

Rebooting manually results in a perfectly valid Linux installation.
However, issuing the "reboot" or "shutdown" commands result in the same
failure ...

It is pretty important that I find a solution this because we will need
the capability to reboot the machine remotely.

As a test, I booted from a DOS disk and ran a "reboot" command that I
downloaded from the old Simtel archives... It worked fine.

As an additional test, I tried booting the computer using Slackware
boot disks and issuing its "reboot" command... This failed just like
RedHat, so it is definitely something about Linux.

The systems have dual Pentium II 450Mhz, 256 MB RAM, AMI BIOS, Adaptec
SCSI cards.  Also, the CPUs are on cards, not on the "main" board.

Thanks for any help,

-Will Hatcher

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. OpenOffice returns "Get_local_host: 'localhost' IP address not available!"

3. PLEASE HELP: am stuck configing X for Diamond Stealth

4. Gain (not volume) of Turtle Beach Tahiti?

5. Getdents() - I AM STUCK

6. Text to Speech

7. voice over internet anyone?

8. I am so, so, so stuck. :-(