ANNOUNCE: Press Release - Blackie DBGateway Launches RDBMS/WWW Gateway Architecture and Products.

ANNOUNCE: Press Release - Blackie DBGateway Launches RDBMS/WWW Gateway Architecture and Products.

Post by Jim Johnso » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

               Blackie DBGateway Technologies - Press Release

    Blackie Launches First-Generation RDBMS/WWW Gateway Architecture and
                                  Products

  Open Extensible Architecture and Products for the present and the future

Newark, California, USA, June 14, 1995 -- Blackie DBGateway Technologies,
today announced its Open Extensible Architecture (OEA), an open and flexible
RDBMS/WWW Gateway Architecture that is the basis of the
Blackie/WWWEnterprise 15 product line, BWE 15.

BWE 15 is designed to address the growing needs of managing the
dissemination and collection of information via the WWW. Using BWE 15,
information residing in your relational databases can be made accessible to
your customers, prospects, employees, business partners, government
officials, and to the vast-growing world of on-line users. In addition, you
may collect information from these users and deposit it into your databases
automatically. BWE 15 has built in user identification, authentication, and
authorization features that provide assurance against unauthorized access.
It has additional auditing feature to provide an audit trail of database
transactions. Your users can be given the ability to run your existing
reports or SQL scripts on the WWW. They can also run ad-hoc SQL command or
query/update using HTML form.

These features are intuitively designed for ease of use. Using simple point
and click commands, your users may enter information into your databases and
retrieve it from anywhere in the world(1). The WWW server is bundled with
the BWE 15. Step-by-step instructions are provided for easy installation on
your computer. If you wish to install a WWW browser such as Netscape,
Mosaic, or AirMosaic, information is provided along with the BWE 15 to
assist you obtaining your desired browser.

Product Availability. BWE 15 for Informix and Oracle on SUN workstations
running SUN OS and Solaris will be available in third quarter of 1995.
Pricing information will be announced prior to the commercial launch. BWE 15
for Sybase and CA-OpenIngres, as well as BWE 15 on other UNIX workstations
such as HP, IBM and others will be announced in the third quarter.

About Blackie. Blackie is a startup company based in Newark, California. It
is located within 10 miles of the Silicon Valley. It provides RDBMS/WWW
gateway products for businesses to conduct electronic commerce. Its products
run on UNIX workstations made by Sun Microsystems, Inc. The company may be

http://www.blackie.com, Phone: (510) 793-2552, and mail: 6167 Jarvis Ave.,
Suite 283, Newark, CA 94560, USA.

Footnote (1) Requires Internet access via their Mosaic-like browsers.

ANNOUNCE: Press Release - Blackie DBGateway Launches RDBMS/WWW Gateway Architecture and Products.

Post by Bob Fel » Thu, 15 Jun 1995 04:00:00

We're having trouble getting Solaris 2.4 x86 to recognize
a new board we've just built. I suppose I need to have
an xxx.conf file, but all the ones I've seen seem to be for
ISA devices. Does anyone have a PCI conf file or is PCI
supposed to be self-initializing like SBus.

I've tried forceload, but none of my software ever seems to get called
even for a probe or identify.

Frankly, we're a little baffled at the moment.

Please reply to the address below, or followup to the group.

Bob Felderman
Myricom Inc.
325B N. Santa Anita Ave.
Arcadia, CA 91006
(818) 821-5555
(818) 821-5316 fax

http://www.myri.com

Post by Lupe Christo » Sun, 18 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>We're having trouble getting Solaris 2.4 x86 to recognize
>a new board we've just built. I suppose I need to have
>an xxx.conf file, but all the ones I've seen seem to be for
>ISA devices. Does anyone have a PCI conf file or is PCI
>supposed to be self-initializing like SBus.
>I've tried forceload, but none of my software ever seems to get called
>even for a probe or identify.

Did you write a new driver, or are you trying to use an existing one
(which)? If it's a new driver, did you use add_drv? Your driver must
be listed in /etc/name_to_major. I believe 2.4 does not really know
about the PCI bus. 2.5 does (there was a 2.5 driver workshop at the
SolDevCon dealing with this).
--

|                                                    | s-/+ n+ h f* g+ w+ t+  |