TCP/IP printing to NT 3.51 amchine's printer

TCP/IP printing to NT 3.51 amchine's printer

Post by Wayne Y » Tue, 14 May 1996 04:00:00

Hi guys,
        I have a NT3.51 server with TCP/IP printing installed so
solaris 2.4 machines could print to the printer attached to NT
machine.  Currently I could only print ASCII files to that NT
machine's printer.  PS file, Netscape's image file all go wrong.
Some person suggest that I could put a "filter" on solaris side.
I manned "lpr" and it said sth. about filtering, but not directly
applicable.

        Does any person have some idea or experience about
this?

        Regards!

        H. Yu

1. Printing from SOLARIS on WIN NT 3.51 Network HPLJ4P Printer

I try to connect a HP Laserjet 4P printer (connected to Win NT 3.51
Server) to our SparcStation 20 running under SOLARIS 2.4.
Do I need a special application for Win NT 3.51 or is it possible to
configure it through SOLARIS.

I tried this also: lpadmin -p PRINTERNAME -s SYSTEMPRINTER
say the printer is named HPLJ4P on WinNT, and my NT-Server name is ex.
WINNY
I typed:           lpadmin -p HPLJ4P -s WINNY

But this doesn't work! All helps are welcome. Thank you.
Long live the Macintosh.

Gilles Celli, Luxembourg.

2. Running SLIP on pseudo tty?

3. HELP!:NT 3.51 has no login: and password: (Dynamically allocated IP's!)

4. Casting argv?

5. Use 'fdisk /mbr' under NT 3.51 to remove lilo & linux?

6. G++ problem.. help

7. NT 3.51 ps printing, from linux

8. Quantum hardcard

9. Print to Microsoft NT Server 3.51 or Win95 fro

10. Print to Microsoft NT Server 3.51 or Win95 from SCO Unix ?

11. SCO 5.0 -> NT 3.51 Printing

12. Print to Microsoft NT Server 3.51 or Win95

13. TCP/IP printing to a NT printer